FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: football injuries  (Read 4410 times)

Original FISHER Jodoin

football injuries
« on: Apr 30, 2005, 09:56 PM »
broke my back in football this year...any1 have any intereting injuries?
GIT _ R _ DONE

Pasquatch

• Retired MFF Mod
Re: football injuries
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2005, 07:31 AM »
Pulled my groin in wrestling, and sprained my wrist in baseball, that's it.

Pikeguy

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2005, 02:33 PM »
Ibroke my foot one year  :(and the next year I broke another guys arm :-\

MikeVT

• Wishin I was Fishin!!!
« Reply #3 on: Jun 03, 2005, 10:40 AM »
Twelve stiches in my head playing flag football 2 years ago.  Just some harmless weekend fun right??

butterworm

« Reply #4 on: Jun 03, 2005, 11:27 AM »
torn acl my junior yr. knee has not been right since then >:( sure does let me know when bad weather is coming.

archbishop

« Reply #5 on: Jun 03, 2005, 04:16 PM »
blew out my knee and destroyed my shoulder lifting weights in college football still cant throw a ball to good still have the strength just not the motion to do so and my knee pops out once in a while but not to painfull anymore and my body locks up all over onc e in a while without those good drugs the trainers give out to take all that away a old athlete is just S.O.L.

crappie66

• BOILER UP
« Reply #6 on: Jun 30, 2005, 02:03 AM »
I played football for 8 years was fortunate enough to never miss a game because of an injury.  The worst accident I had was after a game in the visitors locker room.  As I was stepping out of the shower I slipped and fell.  My big toe hit a jagged broken edge of a piece of tile.  It hurt like hell but I got up and put my towel back around me.  I made it about 15 more feet and everybody started yelling that I was bleeding pretty badly, so I stopped and looked down and sure enough there was a trail of blood and a puddle was forming where I stood. At that point I had lost a lot of blood and got light headed so I attempted to sit down, half way down my body gave out and I hit the floor pretty good.  At the time I was a solid 230 lbs, imagine a naked 230 lber on his ass surrounded by blood.  The trainer rushed over and doctored my toe up with athletic tape.  He gave me two options, get stitches and miss a couple games to allow the toe to heal since stitches would tear out if I was active on it, or doctor it up everyday for practice and games with a shitload of athletic tape.  I chose the athletic tape treatment.  Everyday I had bloody socks after practice and eventually all the skin on my toe turned white.  After the season it didn't take long for it to heal up maybe 2 weeks.

The worst part about the whole thing was as I finished my shower something told me to be extra careful when getting out of the shower because it was slippery and I might fall.   I took extra precautions in getting out of the shower, but the story says it all.

mongo

« Reply #7 on: Jun 30, 2005, 09:42 AM »
Deep chest wall bruise playing hockey
Took for ever to heal

bigredfishing

• Screw the BS, let's go fishing.
« Reply #8 on: Jun 30, 2005, 09:44 AM »
went fishing instead of playing sports...no injuries, just a little arm strain here and there ;)

Bobman

• Whoa momma!!!
« Reply #9 on: Jun 30, 2005, 01:47 PM »
Messed up the knee playing goalie in high school hockey.  Defenseman and opposing forward slid into my leg and wrapped it around the goal post.  Still hurts a lot of the time and that was a couple decades ago.
A lot of money is tainted, t'ain't mine and t'ain't yours!

OTIS

« Reply #10 on: Jul 28, 2005, 08:00 AM »
Broke my neck, dislocated my left shoulder and blew out my right knee in six years of football.  My kids are going to be on the golf team!
'If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -- Ronald Reagan

'Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.' -- Ronald Reagan

crappie66

• BOILER UP
« Reply #11 on: Jul 28, 2005, 02:00 PM »
My coaches always told me that if you go 100% full speed ahead, you will never get hurt.  It is when you are slacking that you get hurt from the oncoming momentum.

synergyboy10

• summer time flag
« Reply #12 on: Aug 31, 2005, 06:47 PM »
diloated both sholuder and broken both coller bone in  hockey. never missed a game if football.
hurry grab that rod.

www.teamthrillseeker.com

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.