FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Camping sites?  (Read 17460 times)

archbishop

Camping sites?
« on: May 04, 2005, 09:07 AM »
i love to camp but it seems anymore you need to know someone with land or pay up the yazoo to do it does anyone have any good camping spots around new york or anywhere thats free or not to expensive?

lets get this thread started no info on camping at all yet

Little Brown Dog

Re: Camping sites?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2005, 11:18 AM »
Come to VT.  Lots of places on the National Forest that allow camping and are close to good stream and pond fishing.  Check out the Moosalamoo area.  www.moosalamoo.org

OTIS

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2005, 12:23 PM »
We just signed up for two nights at a NYS camping area up to the 1000 islands yesterday, it cost $20.50 per night.  Do all New York State camping areas charge the same amount?  We used to camp out at Stony Pond years ago, but that's a state camp site now.  It wouldn't be worth $20.50 per night to camp there, but it's a nice place to camp.
'If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -- Ronald Reagan

'Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.' -- Ronald Reagan

devil-man

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2005, 12:28 PM »
I believe all State parks charge the same amount.

archbishop

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2005, 12:51 PM »
nope allegany state park charges $45-$75 a night for a cabin and $13-$25 a night for the tent sites

Pikeguy

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2005, 03:07 PM »
Dang Arch, I'm impressed. You turned this part of the forum into a hoppin spot.
P.S. If you come to WI there are plenty of free camping oportunities. A little rough, but free

Kodiak Commando

• Check your fly
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2005, 05:47 PM »
There is lots of free and pay camping sites on kodiak and i usually just pay 100 buck for a year pass. I don't mind the charging because a lot of that money goes towards improving the outdoors and outdoor conservation.
I've never been to heaven, but i have fished  in  Alaska.

wormwigglr

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2005, 01:28 PM »
what does letchworth run ny guys?

bottomfeeder

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2005, 08:13 PM »
Arch come to the Adirondacks theres alot of places you can go that dosent cost you anything to camp.Long Lake and Raquette Lake both have leantos you can camp at they both have state boat launches if you have a boat,if you dont there are boat rentals at both lakes.Theres some good fishing at both lakes.Theres also alot of other lakes you can go to.

devil-man

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2005, 12:47 AM »
what does letchworth run ny guys?

$20 a night for a primitive tent site. It's a great place to go. They also have cabins. I'm not sure of the price on those, but I could easily find out if you'd like, Wigglr.
Does Mrs. Wigglr like to camp?
As you know I'm kind of partial, it's in my backyard! Letchworth is part of the reason I shelled out the money for an Empire Passport.
It allows you access to all State parks and launches.
Their campsites open this weekend (Sat.) and I will be camping there soon so I can roll out of the tent and go after the turkeys that have frustrated me so far. Unfortunately the only place in the park you're allowed to fish is the pond. Alleghany would be better for that, but for scenery and hiking I don't think you can beat Letchworth in WNY.

wormwigglr

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2005, 06:40 AM »
mrs. wigglr loves to camp that is why i have been looking for some good places. i am happy as long as there is water ;D

archbishop

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2005, 07:56 AM »
yeah allegany is great its 4 times the size of letchworth but with that you get alot of people and tent areas get pretty crowded cabins are great if you got 4 people to go in on one its about $210 for a week divided between 4 people is great and all the creeks and 3 lakes in the park but devil-man is right its hard to beat the scenery in letchworth

wormwigglr

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2005, 08:38 AM »
i like to stay cheap so splitting up a site is the way i like to go and it is alot more fun with more people.

devil-man

« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2005, 09:15 AM »
When do you want to camp at Letchworth, Wigglr?
I know the perfect spot, it'll cost us $10 a piece per night.
We can bring the women, do some hiking, and hit the pond a couple times.
Just don't be surprised if I disappear at 4:30 in the morning... ;D

The farking birds are making me crazier than I already am.

OTIS

« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2005, 09:57 AM »
Letchworth is part of the reason I shelled out the money for an Empire Passport.

What does an Empire Passport go for?  Do you pay every year?

Thanks,
Otis
'If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -- Ronald Reagan

'Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.' -- Ronald Reagan

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.