FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Killington Area fishing  (Read 4974 times)

‘Ol Snakebite (RuttNutt)

Killington Area fishing
« on: Sep 04, 2019, 12:00 PM »
Hi folks. I will be taking my son up there next weekend for a Spartan Race. He’ll be running most of the day, so I figured I would sneak away to do some fishing while he is torturing himself.   ::)

Can anybody recommend a trout stream or lake near Killington?

And also, what would it cost me for an out of state(non-resident) license?(I poured over the Vermont F&G website but could not for the life of me find that info! :-[

THANKS!

Fish Farmer

Re: Killington Area fishing
« Reply #1 on: Sep 04, 2019, 07:15 PM »
Do you want to fish tiny streams or big water? Spin, fly or worm dunk?

There are several options in this area.

East Creek through downtown Rutland is a trophy trout stream...it's is stocked with bigger fish in the springtime..it may be all fished out though. Wheelerville brook is brookie water which is on the way to Killington, small water good for worm dunking, that also gets stocked but it should hold some natives.

You can also fish the Otter Creek in spots around Rutland for trout, it's bigger water, there is some tumbly water at Center Rutland falls(Rt 4).

If you go north on Rt 7 you have Furnace Brook in Pittsford which is managed as a wild trout stream. Downstream from Rt 7 could put you on some big browns, slow water though, there are some trails starting around a covered bridge west of town. If you go upstream, east of Rt 7 above the Eisenhower Fish Hatchery it is classic freestone water, there are several tributaries that hold brook, brown and rainbow trout.

Kent Pond is stocked in the spring, but it is really a bass water the rest of the year. The deepest area is by the dam, but is easily fished from there. I doubt it holds trout through the summer.

You can get a day license for $21, yearly is over $50.
https://vtfishandwildlife.com/licenses-and-lotteries/license-center

https://anrweb.vt.gov/FWD/FW/LicenseInformation.aspx?_ga=2.125661642.1154851653.1567642630-380947524.1553345815

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.