FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: The Salt Is Alive  (Read 22925 times)

lowaccord66

Re: The Salt Is Alive
« Reply #165 on: Sep 30, 2021, 06:34 AM »
torn between albies and tog or taking the run to pulaski. if the wind looks good I'll probably swing towards the salt.

Im thinking Tog sunday if you wanna meet up in Old Saybrook. 

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #166 on: Sep 30, 2021, 07:47 AM »
I use to hunt and may again, but having tuna bust on a popper... For me is more fun than a whitetail... I have also keep bumping into hunters I don't feel safe in the woods with...

I can say the same for fishing while standing next to 40 people trying to snag pogies.  ;) or driving to a fishing spot with drunk drivers or people on their cell phones. For me (and many on here know) its not just a passion for hunting but truly a way of life. With all of that said, I respect your opinion because we all have different experiences. Busting tuna, dropping a big buck (buck fever is a real thing) stepping on a grouse or woodcock, or my son setting the hook into a tog like he is in the bassmasters is all a high.

Wicked Wec

ICEHOLE

« Reply #167 on: Sep 30, 2021, 07:48 AM »
Im thinking Tog sunday if you wanna meet up in Old Saybrook.
Did i hear tog sunday?  :o
Trout, LMB, SMB, BullHeads, Lakers, Pike, Carp

stripernut

« Reply #168 on: Sep 30, 2021, 11:55 AM »
I can say the same for fishing while standing next to 40 people trying to snag pogies.  ;) or driving to a fishing spot with drunk drivers or people on their cell phones. For me (and many on here know) its not just a passion for hunting but truly a way of life. With all of that said, I respect your opinion because we all have different experiences.
Oh, I love drawing down on a big buck and I won't stand next to a crowd to snag poggies and we all take our chances driving to hunting and fishing spots... If I had infinite time I would do both, but few of us do... I wish you the best of luck hunting, for the next week I have to "settle" on trout fishing in CO (poor me...) Sons "real" wedding, but I would still rather be on the salt, casting to busting fish.

lowaccord66

« Reply #169 on: Sep 30, 2021, 12:21 PM »
Did i hear tog sunday?  :o

Didnt you say you were a glassy seas guy?  Since then I havent seen a glassy sea....

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #170 on: Sep 30, 2021, 02:27 PM »
Oh, I love drawing down on a big buck and I won't stand next to a crowd to snag poggies and we all take our chances driving to hunting and fishing spots... If I had infinite time I would do both, but few of us do... I wish you the best of luck hunting, for the next week I have to "settle" on trout fishing in CO (poor me...) Sons "real" wedding, but I would still rather be on the salt, casting to busting fish.

HAHA. Do not settle to hard. I also do not have the time for both which is why the rods go away and the guns come out to play. Appreciate the kind words!
Wicked Wec

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #171 on: Sep 30, 2021, 02:28 PM »
Didnt you say you were a glassy seas guy?  Since then I havent seen a glassy sea....

BAHAHAHAHAHA! Glassy seas..... better off playing Powerball. Look at the forecast and triple it.
Wicked Wec

ICEHOLE

« Reply #172 on: Sep 30, 2021, 08:28 PM »
BAHAHAHAHAHA! Glassy seas..... better off playing Powerball. Look at the forecast and triple it.
In all fairness I did say somyhing like that but not exact verbiage.  Lol
I got really sea sick for first time a few years ago and while I have been in rough seas since and with dramamine not one chumming I still get uneasy feeling.
Also Jon,  while I trust your judgment I know you would go out and stuff I wouldn't so I was airing on the side of caution 😉
Trout, LMB, SMB, BullHeads, Lakers, Pike, Carp

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #173 on: Oct 01, 2021, 09:08 AM »
In all fairness I did say somyhing like that but not exact verbiage.  Lol
I got really sea sick for first time a few years ago and while I have been in rough seas since and with dramamine not one chumming I still get uneasy feeling.
Also Jon,  while I trust your judgment I know you would go out and stuff I wouldn't so I was airing on the side of caution 😉

I basically live on the ocean and I still get butterflies once in a while. Usually on the way out in the darkness but it goes away quick. Might be the IPA from the night before  ;D
Wicked Wec

lowaccord66

« Reply #174 on: Oct 03, 2021, 01:02 PM »
Oh Matt I have the text! Ribbing aside I get it. I also get butterflies, I get sick on charters occassionally becuase im not the captain.
The other day I was organizing gear in the cuddy in like solid 3's and my head was spinning.

My efforts Friday night into Saturday were for nothing.  Mike your back yard was packed with boats.  The ground fishing was excellent so I live lined for 0 cows (bluefish of course since I had snelled a 9/0 octopus.  Should have went to the ledge.  Was a bumpy ride home.

SalmonAndStriper Stalker

• landlocked salmon,stripers,lake trout,trout,bass
« Reply #175 on: Oct 03, 2021, 06:43 PM »
got out Friday and landed 8 albies in the morning then went out around noon and got my limit of tog. love this time of the year.

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #176 on: Oct 04, 2021, 09:16 AM »
This time of year most of the pleasure boaters are gone but you do get a hardcore crew for the seabass and tog.... and a few for the hardtails still lingering around.
Wicked Wec

Bartman44

« Reply #177 on: Oct 04, 2021, 04:02 PM »
Nice togs, thinking about heading to CT after it opens.  My son and I  targeted the funny fish Saturday and it was good via the pink Hogy jig but halfway through we committed to the fly rod. We had some good chances including some swipes but failed to connect. Definitely more challenging with the long rod. They are so fast.

oatkasut

« Reply #178 on: Oct 04, 2021, 05:12 PM »
I envy your saltwater trips; use to go for 3 day charter in Sept. every year out of Atlantic Highlands, NJ. Man, did we catch fish; 5 coolers worth of fillets; strippers, weakfish, fluke and blues and occasional false albacore.  Nice fishin'

lowaccord66

« Reply #179 on: Oct 04, 2021, 06:52 PM »
Nice togs, thinking about heading to CT after it opens.  My son and I  targeted the funny fish Saturday and it was good via the pink Hogy jig but halfway through we committed to the fly rod. We had some good chances including some swipes but failed to connect. Definitely more challenging with the long rod. They are so fast.

Great pics!

I cant keep up with them with the long rod.  But I also have been throwing a pretty heavy sinktip on my 10w. 

Im fired up for tog and have caught a number of albies in the western sound into November.  Sometimes they interupt the togging.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.