FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Empire Pass Not Excepted at Sampson or Seneca Launches  (Read 1404 times)

cnyiceguy

This subject may have been covered before but, Seneca Resorts will not except empire passes for launch. When I bought my pass, the Empire Pass page said Sampson and Seneca parks/launches excepted it (it still does). Has anyone else run into this and what do you think? Seneca Resorts people said they don't have the "equipment" process the passes. We taxpayers paid for the launches, it bad enough we have to pay anyway, now a third company wants us to pay.

elrodalonzo

Re: Empire Pass Not Excepted at Sampson or Seneca Launches
« Reply #1 on: Jun 21, 2021, 06:23 AM »
Those two properties were renovated by a private company who invested millions of dollars into them.  They lease these properties from the state and now can run them as they wish.  You can blame NYS for not being able to do ANYTHING in a profitable manor. These two facilities are now beautiful and in condition the state never could have achieved.  They should not be listed as launches accepting the pass.  But you can now enter Sampson, I don't know about Seneca without paying anything for all the other activities so I guess it's a wash. 

cnyiceguy

« Reply #2 on: Jun 21, 2021, 06:51 AM »
I hear what you are saying, but Seneca Corp only put about $1m into the marina. Most of the money is still taxpayer money. Here is the breakdown:

https://www.governor.ny.gov/news/governor-cuomo-announces-75-million-project-renew-marina-and-offer-long-term-camping-sampson

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #3 on: Jun 21, 2021, 01:30 PM »
well if they but so much money in it they should pay every new york resident because it was our property
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4 on: Jun 21, 2021, 05:39 PM »
They’d have to arrest me. I’d enter and launch no matter what. I launched there for 20 years or more.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

cnyiceguy

« Reply #5 on: Jun 22, 2021, 04:03 PM »
They’d have to arrest me. I’d enter and launch no matter what. I launched there for 20 years or more.

Heh, Heh, I felt the same way. Peaceful protest by blocking the launches??? I have calls in to state reps. We'll see where it goes.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #6 on: Jun 22, 2021, 05:44 PM »
Good for you. Maybe a petition is in order.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

piscesman

« Reply #7 on: Jul 04, 2021, 06:28 AM »
We used to camp at Sampson before the renovations. It looks horrid with all the trailers and cottages there. Visited it last November. The seasonal or year round Travel trailers are an eyesore. Who do you know that are willing to drop $150/ night there?? The docks were designed for bigger boats so my 18' is somewhat dwarfed there and we'd have to CLIMB down to step on to the top of the side of the boat to get into the boat. Same to get out. It WAS a beautiful place to go but IMHO not now. Grew up in Dresden across the lake where the 3 smoke stacks are, used to be 4. My father worked at the power plant.
      Kim
While searching for the meaning of life an older gentleman showed me how to fish. Since then I FOUND IT!!!!!!
      author unknown

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.