FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: It’s fish  (Read 14821 times)

lowaccord66

Re: It’s fish
« Reply #15 on: Sep 19, 2021, 09:49 AM »
Love it Z

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #16 on: Sep 20, 2021, 11:24 AM »
Boom! Awesome!
Wicked Wec

zwiggles

« Reply #17 on: Sep 25, 2021, 08:18 AM »
Some more stripers have been hooked the past few weeks including my fathers first this year. I’ve got a few more solo at night without pics, but holy moly are these guys fun :)

zwiggles

« Reply #18 on: Sep 25, 2021, 08:20 AM »
And I also have the next week off for a serious fishing adventure. I was invited to head farther north in New England then I have ever been before for some backcountry trout fishing. I will certainly/hopefully have some pictures to add here in about 10 days, and maybe I will even catch a trout or two!

Steve H.

« Reply #19 on: Sep 27, 2021, 07:17 AM »
And I also have the next week off for a serious fishing adventure. I was invited to head farther north in New England then I have ever been before for some backcountry trout fishing. I will certainly/hopefully have some pictures to add here in about 10 days, and maybe I will even catch a trout or two!

Nice going, Z.  If the trip you mention is the one I'm thinking of, you're gonna have a hell of an adventure for sure.  And, of course, the chance at some really nice wild fish.  Cool that you're able to join that group.  Can't wait for the report and pics.
It is understood that fishing licenses, gas, bait, etc., all cost money, but try not to let a limit of trout be your only gauge for success. – Ben Nugent, (NH F&G) Regional Fisheries Biologist

lowaccord66

« Reply #20 on: Oct 08, 2021, 06:51 AM »
Some more stripers have been hooked the past few weeks including my fathers first this year. I’ve got a few more solo at night without pics, but holy moly are these guys fun :)

I was lucky to tie into the biggest stripers I have ever caught this year and would agree.

zwiggles

« Reply #21 on: Oct 08, 2021, 08:53 AM »
I was lucky to tie into the biggest stripers I have ever caught this year and would agree.

I have been thinking about this, I seem to get all jacked up each time I start fishing for a new species/fishing a new technique (like trolling, fly fishing, ice fishing, deep sea, etc). I watched a video on “micro fishing” the other day on the ocean, and thought “this could be fun”.

I also saw my first “beach wide” blitz the other evening, and the addiction just keeps going… heading out after work to try and find some more.

zwiggles

« Reply #22 on: Oct 13, 2021, 01:29 PM »
So it turns out the NMW is a neat place to say the least. I spent a short week up there to close out the fishing season, and it was my first time in what I think is “northern Maine”.

The scenery, the company (who are entirely responsible for me getting there), and the fishing were outstanding. Every brook trout I caught was bigger then any native/wild one I had caught before. The entire experience was awesome, and I cannot wait to go back again.

Steve H.

« Reply #23 on: Oct 13, 2021, 02:47 PM »
Nice Z!  Great pics and looks like you had an amazing time.  Those wild brookies are big AND beautiful!  Great markings and coloration on those fish.  Just gorgeous. 
It is understood that fishing licenses, gas, bait, etc., all cost money, but try not to let a limit of trout be your only gauge for success. – Ben Nugent, (NH F&G) Regional Fisheries Biologist

zwiggles

« Reply #24 on: Oct 13, 2021, 10:18 PM »
Thanks for the kind words! That really is a special place, and it’s crazy you can essentially drive there from NH.

zwiggles

« Reply #25 on: Oct 13, 2021, 10:23 PM »
I also have been chasing stripers the past few weeks, and also some trout before the NH season closes.

The water in the lakes region is low, but not bad atm. I haven’t seen any big salmon or lake run fish yet, and struck out in browns the two times I went. There are plenty of little guys around though who chased down a dry fly:

My father and I also went out after some stripers after work, and after a slow start of driving without seeing any action we got into a dozen or so little guys who where blowing up tiny bait in the harbor mouth. Tons of fun, but I needed to bring a smaller rod. Hopefully their big momma shows up in the next few weeks.

AquaAssassin

« Reply #26 on: Oct 14, 2021, 04:48 AM »
Great pics pal!
It’s not being Cocky if you can back it up.

When you’re good at something, you’ll tell everyone. When you’re great at something, they’ll tell you.

Dirt23

« Reply #27 on: Oct 14, 2021, 05:54 AM »
Those are some beautiful brookies way to go zwiggles bet you'll do that trip again

800stealth

• Got Smallies??
« Reply #28 on: Oct 18, 2021, 05:35 PM »
Another great report Z, sounds like a great time! Though it looks like you may have a pic from your growlr app mixed in with the fishing ones lol...

zwiggles

« Reply #29 on: Oct 18, 2021, 08:14 PM »
Another great report Z, sounds like a great time! Though it looks like you may have a pic from your growlr app mixed in with the fishing ones lol...

Some pictures are really worth a thousand words, lol

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.