FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Boating accessory question??  (Read 3792 times)

Mac Attack

Re: Boating accessory question??
« Reply #15 on: Aug 17, 2021, 01:16 PM »
Yup.  All out of stock everywhere.  The second wave of inflation is a mean one!  The third wave is a game changer!

Try C-Me Sales in Buffalo.
It will take a while, but they got me my Ulterra.
They will ship too.
Here's a link -

http://www.c-mesales.com/

It's worth a shot.
Besides, I shopped all over including the internet and nobody could beat thier pricing.

lowaccord66

« Reply #16 on: Aug 18, 2021, 10:00 AM »
Very much aporecuate the referral Mac.  I will call them.  Although heres the report from my friend captain Jason Colby on his Terrova:

That is exactly waht I have. The 87 inch Minn Kota Terrova. It is fantastic "when it works" but is inherently "very faulty". In the 8 months of last year and the (so far)  4 months of this years season (12 months total), the thing has actually been "functional" for 3 out of the 12 months. Further, even when it is actually working it is only "usable" little more than 50% of the time. At least with my 31 ft boat, forget about it if the wind is much above 10-12 mph...

Food for thought from a professional fisherman...

mcully

« Reply #17 on: Aug 19, 2021, 08:40 AM »
Had my 36 volt terrova 72" for over a year and hasn't let me down yet. Not on the ocean but I'm on the water quite a bit including wind and waves with a Key West 211.

lowaccord66

« Reply #18 on: Aug 19, 2021, 08:45 AM »
Hes a very busy guide so on the water 7 days a week.  Maybe they arent built for that level of abuse?  Then again like every manufactured thing, theres good runs and bad runs.

Jethro

• I fish, therefore I am... always buying gear
« Reply #19 on: Aug 19, 2021, 02:09 PM »
Pretty much everything that has gone wrong with my Ulterra has been my own fault, and even then it hasn't been much. But after having taken it apart to replace a $2 plastic gear that got stripped... I wouldn't want to rely on one 7 days a week commercially. God no- they are almost built like kids toys. They really should be like half of what they cost, end even then they'd still be overpriced. But what are you gonna do? I don't own a bass boat so I can't use Garmin or Lowrance and I'm not convinced they'd be anything but overpriced Asian junk just like the Minn Kotas.

Maybe a smarter option would be to get a Haswing, which is also Asian junk but not trying to be anything they aren't and seem to be much cheaper than the big names. But they don't have a 36v motor. So again.. what are you gonna do? You are gonna come to same conclusion as the rest of us and just fork out the cabbage and hope for the best!

filetandrelease

« Reply #20 on: Aug 19, 2021, 04:04 PM »

My terrova  36v is now 12 yrs old , last 2-3 years haven’t used  the boat much but when deployed does it’s job ,

lowaccord66

« Reply #21 on: Aug 20, 2021, 09:22 PM »
My terrova  36v is now 12 yrs old , last 2-3 years haven’t used  the boat much but when deployed does it’s job ,

Mine too fred and I beat on it!

taxid

« Reply #22 on: Aug 21, 2021, 08:12 AM »
Man I haven't had time to mount mine on my boat or even go fishing! Hopefully before I go on vaca in September use it to get the hang of it! I will be so sweet to at least semi-retire!
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

lowaccord66

« Reply #23 on: Aug 23, 2021, 08:40 PM »
Ill be jealous when you do cecil! 

iceman260

« Reply #24 on: Aug 24, 2021, 07:37 AM »
I was lucky to find a new terrova this year, got one in June online at bass pro,it's truly a game changer with itrack, cruise control and spotlock. Autopilot is great when setting up, keeps you going in right direction while setting up rods. Love it so far, still learning to get the most out of it.

taxid

« Reply #25 on: Aug 24, 2021, 08:39 AM »
Ill be jealous when you do cecil!

I should have just loaned it to you the last two years for all the good it did me!
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

lowaccord66

« Reply #26 on: Aug 24, 2021, 09:22 AM »
I should have just loaned it to you the last two years for all the good it did me!

Gear goes to me to die!  Im sure youll get a chance soon!

taxid

« Reply #27 on: Aug 24, 2021, 11:49 AM »
Gear goes to me to die!  Im sure youll get a chance soon!

:o

lowaccord66

« Reply #28 on: Aug 24, 2021, 08:13 PM »
I fish often and hard.  I should take a pic of mine.  100% functional, 100% beat to sh't visually.

taxid

« Reply #29 on: Aug 25, 2021, 07:45 PM »
I fish often and hard.  I should take a pic of mine.  100% functional, 100% beat to sh't visually.

Maybe you should be Minn kota's R & D on durability?

Kind of like the guy that is in charge of the drop tests on computers.  :rotflol:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.