FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: What do you use for a boat trailer jack in case of a flat?  (Read 2801 times)

tomturkey

Re: What do you use for a boat trailer jack in case of a flat?
« Reply #15 on: Aug 24, 2021, 05:48 AM »
I carry a 2 to floor jack in my vehicle all of the time. It has a handle that works 360*. That is nice as you do not have to have the jack straight to get it to work. It also had an insert the can be put in to make it taller if you need it. I also have a piece of plywood to set in on to keep it from sinking in soft  ground

taxid

« Reply #16 on: Aug 24, 2021, 08:40 AM »
Yea, take an umbrella to work and it will never rain.

;)

:rotflol:
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

62 & Done

« Reply #17 on: Aug 27, 2021, 11:32 AM »
      I took a 3" piece of 2 1/2" steel pipe and cut it down the middle. Drilled a hole in it and fasted it with a bolt to the top of a scizzors jack. This is placed under the axel and with a that folding 3' tool it is a breeze to use.  I've only really needed it once but it was well worth the trouble of leaving it in the truck forever.

KingPerch

« Reply #18 on: Aug 27, 2021, 04:59 PM »
AAA, roadside assistance…way too many texting knuckleheads on the roads these days that don’t pay attention!!!!
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

filetandrelease

« Reply #19 on: Aug 27, 2021, 05:08 PM »
AAA, roadside assistance…way too many texting knuckleheads on the roads these days that don’t pay attention!!!!

filetandrelease

« Reply #20 on: Aug 27, 2021, 06:31 PM »

True

KingPerch

« Reply #21 on: Aug 28, 2021, 08:01 AM »
I lost a good friend, whose family owns a service center and high end towing service, by a texting driver. He was doing his job, as he always did for 30 years. He had a few close calls before that day. I’ve told my son, while towing his bass boat, if he can’t get to a rest area or a parking lot, to use his AAA account we got him.

Stay safe everyone!!😎
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

taxid

« Reply #22 on: Aug 28, 2021, 01:40 PM »
very legitimate concern kingperch!!!  i get texters coming over in my lane a lot.  i just brace myself now(drive a 3/4ton truck) and dont move.  i need a new truck anyhow, so maybe i can get a texter idiot to buy me one. maybe teach them a lesson or just get them off the roads.  it just happened the other night on my way trout fishing.  a passenger must have said something at the last min she swerved violently back in her lane just in time. i bet she didnt miss me by 4ft!  i would never change a tire on the side of a busy road these days. no way!

i used to keep a chunk of 4x4 in my truck to pull axil up onto, like the tool taxi posted. works the same for free. lol  only had 1 blowout in 30+yrs of towing so not major life factor really. lol

I worked with a guy that ended up being a cop that had someone pulled over, and some woman slammed into him and his dog even though he was on the shoulder of the road. Killed the dog and nearly broke every bone in his body. Lucky to survive. I'll bet he feels it on humid days!
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.