FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Kayak fishing for trout (8th lake)  (Read 1311 times)

TomFish

Kayak fishing for trout (8th lake)
« on: Aug 30, 2021, 07:30 AM »
Hi all,
I am camping at 8th lake this coming weekend and i see that it has predominantly trout (rainbow, lakers, salmon, I thought I saw browns listed somewhere, but cant find it now). I see there are smallmouth as well.

I have never really trout fished. Does anybody have any tips or techniques i should try? I will be fishing from a pedal-drive fishing kayak.

Thanks!

xc600

• ADK
Re: Kayak fishing for trout (8th lake)
« Reply #1 on: Aug 30, 2021, 09:30 AM »
Try Lake Clear Wobblers with a night crawler on a harness. Paddle around drops [behind the island is good]. Move at a speed where you see your rod tip quiver.

tmp286

« Reply #2 on: Aug 30, 2021, 02:33 PM »
Rapala stickbaits in Hot Steel, Moooselook wabblers in Emerald shiner and pink/chartreuse colors. If you have leadcore rods you'll do better this time of year. The lakers and rainbows will be a little deeper. i've never seen a brown trout come out of there but there are some decent lakers and rainbows to be had.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3 on: Aug 30, 2021, 02:59 PM »
If you get out there before the sun is thinking about coming up the rainbows  will be close to the surface . Casting or slow trolling silver/blue stick baits will work.  Lakers will be deep. Drifting or slow trolling or jigging  4 inch white twister tails on a jig head might work for lakers.   
  Smallmouths anywhere along shore with a crayfish or tiger fire crank baits will work.  Lots of rocky drop offs….
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

pieman1998

« Reply #4 on: Aug 31, 2021, 05:34 AM »
a wabbler with a streamer works sometime to . about 12" to 15" behind :D

TomFish

« Reply #5 on: Sep 02, 2021, 01:54 PM »
Thank you all, hopefully the weather holds off for us and i get some time to devote to fishing. Family camping trips don't always offer a lot of "me" time   8)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.