FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Oh well.  (Read 6788 times)

Mac Attack

Oh well.
« on: Sep 24, 2021, 06:20 PM »
The chowder party I was giving tomorrow is cancelled.  I just found out a guy I was traveling with for 3 days this week has covid.
Now to wait.
And maybe Donna and I get tested.
Oh well.

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
Re: Oh well.
« Reply #1 on: Sep 24, 2021, 06:25 PM »
i hope  your vaccinated  and  you don't have  it ..... it sucks
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

Mac Attack

« Reply #2 on: Sep 24, 2021, 06:39 PM »
i hope  your vaccinated  and  you don't have  it ..... it sucks

Yup
J&J

We will see partner.

meandcuznalfy

« Reply #3 on: Sep 24, 2021, 08:05 PM »
Dam that sucks the better half had it in her facily, was really sick for days, but tested negative. What a relief, just started a new job and didn't want to miss a bunch of work because of it

lowaccord66

« Reply #4 on: Sep 24, 2021, 09:32 PM »
Yup
J&J

We will see partner.

My dad had a pulminary issue (clots) immediately after that shot.  Blood thinners the rest of his life for what was a normally healthy guy. 

Same brand...J&J.  God speed Mac.  He almost died trying to prevent dying. 

wallyworld

« Reply #5 on: Sep 25, 2021, 08:17 AM »
Hoping neither you nor Donna end up sick Mac

Mac Attack

« Reply #6 on: Sep 25, 2021, 09:20 AM »
So far so good.
My buddy Jim suggests that tequila wards it off.  You know.  That alcohol killing germs thing.

;)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #7 on: Sep 25, 2021, 09:29 AM »
Can’t hurt anyway. I’d probably opt for bourbon.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Mac Attack

« Reply #8 on: Sep 25, 2021, 10:36 AM »
Can’t hurt anyway. I’d probably opt for bourbon.

Bourbon is gone
But I do have 2 bottles of Irish whiskey.
Jameson and Proper 12.

;)

bbfrogger

« Reply #9 on: Sep 25, 2021, 10:53 AM »
My dad had a pulminary issue (clots) immediately after that shot.  Blood thinners the rest of his life for what was a normally healthy guy. 

Same brand...J&J.  God speed Mac.  He almost died trying to prevent dying.

Thats awful ..... the thing about any shot or vaccine is that it has the potential to affect everyone differently.  Thats in part why I opted not to take the vaccine.  I'm 64 and until a few weeks ago when I got Bell's Palsy and was prescribed prednisone, I had never had a prescription in my life (knocking on wood).  I'm extremely active, so according to the "experts" I was a low risk of having serious complications from the virus.  I got the China virus as I mentioned on here before and fortunately just had a cough and some fatigue ...... to me thats a better option than having to go thru what your dad has to do now.  Its unfortunate that the government is taking the stance it has that either you are vaxxed or not vaxxed.  There is a huge group of people that contracted the virus and recovered just fine that, again, according to the "experts", have better immunity protection than the people that have been vaccinated.  I wish nothing but the best for your dad and family.

bbfrogger

« Reply #10 on: Sep 25, 2021, 10:55 AM »
The chowder party I was giving tomorrow is cancelled.  I just found out a guy I was traveling with for 3 days this week has covid.
Now to wait.
And maybe Donna and I get tested.
Oh well.

If you were on The View you could just continue on as if you weren't exposed  ;D ;D ;D.  Just kidding - hope you continue to stay healthy.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #11 on: Sep 25, 2021, 12:56 PM »
So far so good.
My buddy Jim suggests that tequila wards it off.  You know.  That alcohol killing germs thing.

;)

My allergies are killing me. I’m gonna have to try that..    8)
 Like Bob said it can’t hurt…. ;D
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Mac Attack

« Reply #12 on: Sep 25, 2021, 01:20 PM »
  My allergies are killing me. I’m gonna have to try that..    8)
 Like Bob said it can’t hurt…. ;D

I get it bad this time of year too.
Goldenrod!!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #13 on: Sep 25, 2021, 02:47 PM »
Generic Zyrtec. Wally World….$10.

Takes care of my allergies anyway. Used to have to go through a series of shots each year that weren’t my favorite thing to get. I take it sparingly, but it does work for me with no side effects.

I can remember many years ago, my doctor gave me a prescription that was worse than the allergies.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Mac Attack

« Reply #14 on: Sep 25, 2021, 03:02 PM »
Generic Zyrtec. Wally World….$10.

Takes care of my allergies anyway. Used to have to go through a series of shots each year that weren’t my favorite thing to get. I take it sparingly, but it does work for me with no side effects.

I can remember many years ago, my doctor gave me a prescription that was worse than the allergies.

I gave up on the shots 30+ yrs ago
They really weren’t doing much.

I took Claritin generic (atorvastatin) 365 days a year for the past 25-30 yrs.
I used to travel 80% of my time all over the world and I suffered from frequent sinus infections.  Those coupled with the variable air pressures whole flying were very painful to say the least.
After I started taking the Claritin daily I never got another sinus infection.
The past few years I thought my hay fever was getting worse.  I suspected that my body was building up a resistance to the Claritin.
I spoke to my doctor and he confirmed this was actually possible and thought that was happening.
So I switched to Generic Zyrtec 365 days a year.
Seems to be working.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.