FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Finally got the Terrova mounted to the boat after two years!  (Read 4884 times)

taxid

Can't wait to get it out and calibrate it after I get the sensor puck installed. I mounted it on an RT 17 quick release bracket.

I assume I will be O.K. mounting the puck on the carpeted surface in this picture behind the trolling motor? Manual is a little fuzzy on that but I've seen others do this on Youtube.

Next year is finally wide open for fishing as I'm getting close to getting caught up with the taxidermy. 25 mounts to go! Either going to completely retire from it or limit the the number of fish I take in. Long return times stress me out and the customers don't like it either. Unfortunately in my area not many people do fish or do quality fish taxidermy so I get swamped.

“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

filetandrelease

Looking good taxid

iceman260

Looks good taxid, your going to like it.

taxid

Thank you gentlemen! I did see a few reviews where purchasers had issues. Hopefully I won't be one of them!
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

lowaccord66

Ive been waiting to read this post.  Congrats cecil.  Now I need to find a 87" 36v for my 23fter.  The only thing id noticed is it seems you mounted so the shaft comes straight into the bow, most installs are offset so when stowed the shaft is parrallel to the gunnel and out of the way.

The spot you picked for your puck should be fine!

taxid

Ive been waiting to read this post.  Congrats cecil.  Now I need to find a 87" 36v for my 23fter. 

Thanks!

lowaccord66

Im excited for you brother.  Its a game changing addition!

fishinator

Ive been waiting to read this post.  Congrats cecil.  Now I need to find a 87" 36v for my 23fter.  The only thing id noticed is it seems you mounted so the shaft comes straight into the bow, most installs are offset so when stowed the shaft is parrallel to the gunnel and out of the way.

when I had a v bottom boat I had my motor off to one side like you said. I couldn't get the boat to track straight.  I had to constantly adjust the motor. I remounted like Cecil did and had no problems.

taxid

when I had a v bottom boat I had my motor off to one side like you said. I couldn't get the boat to track straight.  I had to constantly adjust the motor. I remounted like Cecil did and had no problems.

That's good to hear! I moved my strap cleat for my boat cover back and relocated the electrical orific for the front boat light just so I could do that. And furthermore I rarely if ever have anyone in the front of the boat. Usually it's just me and I prefer that.

taxid

now get out and use it!  im sure youll love it if you fish that way.  i dont fish a lot of deep water so i wouldnt get enough use out of its capabilities to buy it.  i mostly jig shallow and in tight.  trolling would be the only advantage it would have for me i think.  i hope it motors you to some big ones Cecil!

with the problems minnkota been having, you should have used it rite off before the warranty is dead.

Actually Tim it would be perfect for positioning the boat in a river without dropping an anchor or pulling up to a fallen tree. And there are a lot of other things it does besides Spotlock.

Shoulda coulda woulda is water under the bridge. It is what it is.

lowaccord66

Re: Finally got the Terrova mounted to the boat after two years!
« Reply #10 on: Sep 27, 2021, 08:05 AM »

Odd.  Ive had a few of these units on a couple different boats never had that issue.

lowaccord66

« Reply #11 on: Sep 27, 2021, 08:07 AM »
That's good to hear! I moved my strap cleat for my boat cover back and relocated the electrical orific for the front boat light just so I could do that. And furthermore I rarely if ever have anyone in the front of the boat. Usually it's just me and I prefer that.

As long as you arent on bumpy roads or in some big chop you should be ok.  Otherwise the head of the unit is going to bounce around quite a bit.

On my 19"er I have a ram setup to secure the unit when Im trailering or in big waves.

taxid

« Reply #12 on: Sep 27, 2021, 08:36 AM »
As long as you arent on bumpy roads or in some big chop you should be ok.  Otherwise the head of the unit is going to bounce around quite a bit.

On my 19"er I have a ram setup to secure the unit when Im trailering or in big waves.

Makes sense. Was thinking of securing with bungee cord(s) when not in use. I think to store the unit in winter I may buy another quick release and mount it to the wall?

lowaccord66

« Reply #13 on: Sep 27, 2021, 09:45 AM »
Like the bungee idea to a cleat or something.  My current unit is a 2014.  Doesnt even jave the puck but works as it should.  I like to think securing it helps.

Mac Attack

« Reply #14 on: Sep 27, 2021, 09:59 AM »
Odd.  Ive had a few of these units on a couple different boats never had that issue.

Same here.
My Ulterra is off to the side on my 21' Trophy and it tracks fine.
If a boat was going to have problems like this I would think my Trophy with that deep V would be the one to show it.
Also, I'm not sure I have ever seen a trolling motor not mounted off to the side a little bit..........so it doesn't hide the bow light.

You will love the Terrova.
Especially the iPilot features!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.