FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: NY Proposed changes  (Read 10498 times)

Old Timer

Re: NY Proposed changes
« Reply #90 on: Jan 05, 2022, 11:44 AM »
Seems I remember that incident. The boat was docked in the canal and they had a propane heater…. 

If you think there are crazy boaters now just wait until the renters at “The Cove”. Get out in the canal on the pontoon boats..  That area will be a great place to get some funny videos.     

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

filetandrelease

« Reply #92 on: Jan 05, 2022, 01:31 PM »
 I remember that goes along with our reminds we got about our boats from the state , that accident happened last year 🙄

taxid

« Reply #93 on: Jan 05, 2022, 06:57 PM »
I got the same email. Maybe they can send an email about ice safety in July.

:rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Mac Attack

« Reply #94 on: Jan 21, 2022, 01:40 PM »
I got the below email today -

In late December, DEC issued a Notice of Proposed Rulemaking to simplify the State’s fishing regulations. The proposal presented will also significantly reduce the number of special regulations found in the annual Fishing Regulations Guide. The changes are being proposed to make fishing easier and to break down potential barriers for newcomers to the sport, while still ensuring that our fisheries resources are managed in a sustainable manner.

Highlights of these changes include:

Changing the statewide regulation for rainbow trout and brown trout in ponds to allow for year-round fishing.
Aligning harvest limits for rainbow trout, brown trout and brook trout across streams and ponds at five fish per day no minimum size, only two of which can be over 12”.
Changing the statewide regulations for Atlantic Salmon and lake trout to allow for year-round fishing.
Normalizing season dates so all openers for sportfish begin on a hard date.
Allow ice fishing statewide unless specifically prohibited in all but 9 Adirondack counties, where the existing regulation prohibiting ice fishing in waters inhabited by trout will remain.
These changes are being proposed to help you, the angler, and we are eager to receive your opinion and comments on these regulation changes before the official comment period closes on February 6. We encourage you to find out more about the proposed changes by clicking on the following link, Fisheries Regulation Changes Information Packet. To read the official text as it would be presented in the New York Code of Rules & Regulations visit DEC's website. 

Submit comments on the proposal via e-mail to [email protected] or via mail to the Inland Fisheries Section, NYSDEC, 625 Broadway, Albany, NY 12233-4753; subject line "Fishing Regulations Proposal Comments." Comments will be accepted through February 6, 2022.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #95 on: Jan 21, 2022, 03:14 PM »
My eyes hurt reading that….not to mention my brain.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.