FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: NHL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 7052 times)

Hood

NHL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« on: Jul 13, 2005, 05:16 PM »
Agreement made!   looks like we may have hockey again next fall, 301 days of lockout and they finally made some progress. MAN what great news, I am a diehard Rangers fan and I am sure our canadian members are even happier than me. They are sayiong they may increase the rink size, remove the center line, add 4 more teams for playoffs, and some other stuff to m lets hear what you have to say about it!!
GUN CONTROL MEANS HITTING YOUR TARGET 

Kodiak Commando

• Check your fly
Re: NHL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: Jul 13, 2005, 06:12 PM »
The NHL wasn't going on ??? Guess i didn't notice :D
I've never been to heaven, but i have fished  in  Alaska.

Hood

« Reply #2 on: Jul 13, 2005, 07:26 PM »
The NHL wasn't going on ??? Guess i didn't notice :D

MAN i wish i lived somewhere that prevented me from keeping up on current events/news.....Ill trade a lifetime of NHL for a residence in Alaska  ;)

Kodiak Commando

• Check your fly
« Reply #3 on: Jul 13, 2005, 07:46 PM »
MAN i wish i lived somewhere that prevented me from keeping up on current events/news.....Ill trade a lifetime of NHL for a residence in Alaska

:rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:

With all seriousness i did know hockey was gone even though i am not much of a fan. I'ts pretty popular in alaska for obvious weather reasons, The universities of alaska anchorage only real competitive team is hockey and you can't turn on the tv without seeing alaska native Scott Gomez in some local commercial :D

I really don't like watching hockey on tv but it's much better in person, the speed of the game does not translate to tv very well. I have one issue with hockey coming back and that is their refusal to lower ticket prices! If your sport is as in much trouble in hockey and you need new fans and want to bring back ticked off fans it seems like a no brainer that a temporary ticket price reduction would help. I hope the NHL lower ticket prices or once again greed will over power common sense.
I've never been to heaven, but i have fished  in  Alaska.

bigredfishing

• Screw the BS, let's go fishing.
« Reply #4 on: Jul 13, 2005, 09:10 PM »
I enjoy the hockey action, i really missed seeing my sabers have a bad season last year...hopefully this season! ;D

synergyboy10

• summer time flag
« Reply #5 on: Jul 13, 2005, 09:12 PM »
lets go buffalo. i will be at every game. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
hurry grab that rod.

www.teamthrillseeker.com

Chucker

« Reply #6 on: Jul 13, 2005, 09:20 PM »
Stuff we haven't heard in a while....

Top shelf where momma hides the cookies!

Ooooohhhhh, what a save!  Call a cop on that one - he robbed him blind!

He's more mixed up than a hound's breakfast.

Blow Leafs, blow!

Ya know we're gonna win that Cup
Gonna win that Stan-ley Cup
Me and my Buffalo Sabres, yeah yeah yeah
 ;D

It's 82° out with 70% right now, and I can't wait for October!

Hood

« Reply #7 on: Jul 14, 2005, 06:59 AM »
KC- thats one of the proposals they have, is to lower ticket prices, they wanna make the game more fan friendly and accessible, like i said with increased rink size and more teams in playoffs, the expansion in the past 10 years is what killed them this past year, it was due to happen. SOO hopefully they will make some good decisions with fans in mind cuz thats the only thing thats gonna save their arse.....no hockey in alaska what was I thinking, u got me  :sleep1:

bigredfishing

• Screw the BS, let's go fishing.
« Reply #8 on: Jul 14, 2005, 07:59 AM »
i hope they drop ticket prices, 'cause with this year layoff, NHL in the USA might become an indangered prospect.

blaque

« Reply #9 on: Jul 14, 2005, 08:04 AM »
Yeah cant wait to hear Jeanerette (spelling?) howling out "He winds up from the point, He takes the "Sheeyaught", HE SCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORES!!!!!!! Oh yeah and you forgot one:

"May Day May DAY MAAAY DAAAAAAAYY!!!!" (ya know he was just licking his chops for an oppurtunity to scream that one day) lol

I know Ill be the first in the door for the opening home game, its gonna be nuts!!!!!!!!!! Absolutely Nuts at the Arena.  Im extatic, i dont know about the rest of you..........but when hockey left, it took away a chunk of the heart of Bufflalo, and a little of mine too! This team has been through ALOT in the past, and i mean ALOT! And we keep pounding away. Weve been close to losing this sport and team a few times now, and Im thrilled to come out of it yet again.

I predict the Sabres take the cup this year, only the world will dumb it down and say..........Its not really an accomplishment like back when the league was tough. or It doesnt mean as much as it did when ya had to scratch your way through the big market high dollar superstar teams of past years to carry the cup   lol..........Something along those lines. Yeah, i have the Buffalo Attitude, everyones always pickin' on me LOL! GO SABRES

butterworm

« Reply #10 on: Jul 14, 2005, 08:33 AM »
whooo hoooo. hockey is back and i am excited. can't wait for october 5th.
                                            GAME ON!
  LETS GO SABRES, LETS GO :clapping:

bigdave1018

« Reply #11 on: Jul 14, 2005, 08:49 AM »
YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWNNNNN NNNNNNNNNN!!!!!! TO EACH THEIR OWN. AND ITS SABRES AND ENDANGERED YOURE WELCOME LMBFHAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gillmaniac

• I Don't Go Fishing, I Go Catching!!!
« Reply #12 on: Jul 14, 2005, 10:02 AM »
the NHL it is back!!!! yes!!!!!

go penguins :clapping: :flag: :thumbup_smilie:
I am a maniac for gills!!!!

synergyboy10

• summer time flag
« Reply #13 on: Jul 14, 2005, 09:08 PM »
i was so board the year without hockey.  i think thats why i spent so much time ice fishing. i like to see that there is a lot of buffalo fans.
hurry grab that rod.

www.teamthrillseeker.com

vancouvercanuck

« Reply #14 on: Jul 15, 2005, 01:44 PM »
As far as I'm concerned, if you can't afford a ticket to a hockey game, go find a sport you can afford. I believe any hockey team can charge what the market can bare.

P.S. Go Bertuzzi!!
"Surveys show that minesweaping draws the most diligent and precise individuals of any profession with employees averaging only one mistake per career." - Author Unknown

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.