FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Bullhead fishing  (Read 8560 times)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Bullhead fishing
« Reply #15 on: Apr 08, 2023, 03:12 PM »
Passed again today. Barometer at 30.60, blue bird skies, NW wind, 23* when I went out for my walk this morning.. didn’t break 40 till after noon.

The weather is just against me at the moment…..but…..at least I know it.

Time is on my side.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #16 on: Apr 08, 2023, 04:13 PM »
Yep the annual spring run of mud guzzlers 👍

you have  a  way  with words  my friend   :rotflol:
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

62 & Done

« Reply #17 on: Apr 08, 2023, 05:17 PM »
fun to  catch  , spearing them  was the way to get them  but thats  not allowed in any  lake ontario tribs any  more
  My favorite hole was found one night while we were shooting carp. Could not believe what I was seeing. Just wish this cursed wind would stop.  Installed new LED tail lights on the trailer today. No more messing with light bulbs and rotten sockets at 1:00am  Never   Got my fingers crossed for this week

greensider

« Reply #18 on: Apr 08, 2023, 05:27 PM »
Went led on all my trailers the only way to go

skinny40

« Reply #19 on: Apr 09, 2023, 10:21 AM »
Wish I could get a pair of magnetic Bluetooth lights to stick on all my crappy trailers and my friends. Seems I re wired 100 by now.

JerryofWNY

• Get involved with your local club!
« Reply #20 on: Apr 09, 2023, 01:53 PM »
Wish I could get a pair of magnetic Bluetooth lights to stick on all my crappy trailers and my friends. Seems I re wired 100 by now.

Pulled my hair out over a ground issue this morning. Turns out the tongue and main frame of the trailer are two separate units bolted together. Apparently rust between them formed disrupting the ground to the  back. A couple of self tapping screws and 10" of wire and we jumped the bad area.
"Most folks are just about as happy as they make up their minds to be."....Abe Lincoln

Mac Attack

« Reply #21 on: Apr 09, 2023, 02:42 PM »
Pulled my hair out over a ground issue this morning. Turns out the tongue and main frame of the trailer are two separate units bolted together. Apparently rust between them formed disrupting the ground to the  back. A couple of self tapping screws and 10" of wire and we jumped the bad area.

Happens all the time on snowmobile trailers Jerry.
So long time ago I started run a separate ground wire to every light on all my trailers.
No problems since.

fishinator

« Reply #22 on: Apr 09, 2023, 07:53 PM »

Happens all the time on snowmobile trailers Jerry.
So long time ago I started run a separate ground wire to every light on all my trailers.
No problems since.
x1000. I started doing this years ago. No more chasing ground problems. 

62 & Done

« Reply #23 on: Apr 11, 2023, 03:59 PM »
Got-em   Last night was possibly one of the nicest nights that I have been on the water.  No wind, no rain, no bugs, no moon, only me and a few whisker fish that obligingly took  the hook line and sinker. It was a great way to start the season. I went prepared with several baits and as before, the cut up raw shrimp out fished the night crawlers and liver as well, 3 to 1. When you buy a bag of 30 shrimp for $7 and cut them into 3 pieces giving you 90 baits that ends up being less that $1 a dozen for the best bullhead bait around. Don't think I'll be messing with worms any more. The shrimp is also tough on the hook allowing you to catch more than 1 on a bait.
    Get out there guys  It's time !

trapper2000

« Reply #24 on: Apr 11, 2023, 04:07 PM »
i was reading the state want to  put a 25 fish  limit on them .......i guess it will help the fishing

62 & Done

« Reply #25 on: Apr 11, 2023, 04:09 PM »
WHAT !?

trapper2000

« Reply #26 on: Apr 11, 2023, 04:22 PM »
you  got to  protect the resource  for  future  generations

Johnnh

« Reply #27 on: Apr 12, 2023, 07:40 AM »
In New Hampshire our regulation on White and Yellow Perch, Crappie, Sunfish, Bluegill and Horned Pout (Bullheads) has a daily limit of 25 for each species with a total of all species listed of 50 per day.

The reason for the limit is to help reduce catching the listed fish and selling them out of state.

trapper2000

« Reply #28 on: Apr 12, 2023, 11:51 AM »
well bullheads are  being looked at as the next on the list  to  protect and  build a better  fishery  soon we will all be catching super duper gaint lakers that we all toss back in cause they taste aweful but they will be trophy bullheads.....another thing to think about they already ended spearing bullheads and  ended trot lining them ...........the states new motto talapia  it's whats for dinner

gotagetm

« Reply #29 on: Apr 12, 2023, 02:37 PM »
I'll take tilapia over a mud chugger any day !

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.