FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Upstate NY - North Country Flooding  (Read 2638 times)

ActiveTrapChecker

Re: Upstate NY - North Country Flooding
« Reply #15 on: Jul 14, 2023, 03:36 PM »
This week may have been the end of family tent camping. We were at Eagle Point on Schroon. Got set up Monday just in time for 10 hours of torrential downpours. Thankfully, there wasn’t much wind. Tuesday and Wednesday were beautiful. Yesterday’s storm was windy, sideways rain. Bride is ready for a camper.

But once everything cleared, it was a beautiful night for a fire last night. I think this may be the northern lights??

62 & Done

« Reply #16 on: Jul 14, 2023, 04:02 PM »
Glad you had a couple nice days  rain makes it s*ck for sure  I haven't seen the lights in many years good for you     Keep the bride happy , buy a camper just big enough for what you need and have a good time. don't go overboard and get one that is too big as it gets to be too much of everything, too much $- too much work - too much maintenance - too much towing - the list goes on  Just get what makes the bride happy and you'll have many good camping trips   good luck

Bartman44

« Reply #17 on: Jul 14, 2023, 07:58 PM »
They had predicted the northern lights would be visible in NY last night. I had it marked on my calendar but it poured all night, glad you caught them.

mcully

« Reply #18 on: Jul 17, 2023, 04:01 PM »
I was up in Blue Mountain Friday for storm cleanup and headed back tomorrow. SU conference center had a bridge washed  out and several culverts on the road in. Many trees along the creek tipped over too. Water was two feet up on that structure. Temp culverts are in but hope they don't get hammered again or it and three others on the road in will just wash out. Waiting on larger and possibly a bridge on a couple. New beach where the sand piled up at mouth of creek. lost a little dirt around that foundation and one other. Mini pulling one of my trucks out of a soft spot on way in yesterday.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #19 on: Jul 17, 2023, 04:09 PM »
Man that’s too bad..🥲
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

lowaccord66

« Reply #20 on: Jul 18, 2023, 03:54 PM »
This week may have been the end of family tent camping. We were at Eagle Point on Schroon. Got set up Monday just in time for 10 hours of torrential downpours. Thankfully, there wasn’t much wind. Tuesday and Wednesday were beautiful. Yesterday’s storm was windy, sideways rain. Bride is ready for a camper.

But once everything cleared, it was a beautiful night for a fire last night. I think this may be the northern lights??

Thats rough.  There's an airbnb right next to the general store that is like my second home.  Maureen the owner is amazing.

mcully

« Reply #21 on: Jul 19, 2023, 04:53 AM »
added some pics from yesterday

taxid

« Reply #22 on: Jul 19, 2023, 06:57 AM »
Sorry to see that.  :(
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #23 on: Jul 19, 2023, 03:51 PM »

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.