FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Fall crappies  (Read 4478 times)

trout sen-sei

Fall crappies
« on: Aug 27, 2005, 10:14 AM »
What's a good temp to start fall crappie fishing in shallower water? I usually fish any cover in the water around the shorelines. Was thinking around 70 degrees or a little lower.

crappiemaster

Re: Fall crappies
« Reply #1 on: Aug 29, 2005, 11:55 AM »
you got it.  I start fishing them in the mid 60's.
OH NO!! I'm hoooked on fishing crappies!!:)

pondpro

« Reply #2 on: Feb 25, 2006, 06:41 AM »
i start at 55.
Tommy G.

crappieslayer22

• the kayak fisherman
« Reply #3 on: Mar 30, 2006, 09:58 AM »
Loren .W.

CNY Lee

« Reply #4 on: Apr 01, 2007, 08:14 PM »
What do you use and do you target them like you do in the spring?

Basskicker

« Reply #5 on: Apr 17, 2007, 05:42 PM »
I have been fishing all through the winter and am currently fishing the same spots as then.I am fishing approximately 6 feet of water with about 2-3 feet of weeds on the bottom.I tie my own 1/16 oz. hair jigs and tip the hook with a very small piece of finesse power worm for taste and smell.I set the bobber so my jig is just at the top of the weeds.I just cast out and pop the bobber in short pops,4-5 times and let it set for a few seconds,then repeat.Usually when it sets,the bobber will go under.I live in central New Jersey,and this system works year round!Last saturday before the storm I caught 16 crappies,7 yellow perch,and 2 L.M. bass on the jig.Crappies were hitting real good the last hour of daylight and into the dark.Went out sunday in that bad nor'easter storm and still caught 8 crappies between 6:00 and 7:30 a.m.,then I was too cold and wet to stay any longer.As of Jan.1st. I have caught 169 crappies,77 yellow perch,36 l.m. bass,and 10 pickeral,all on these jigs.I want to change over to my bass lures but I'm having such a good time with the jigs,I just can't make the change!

Bailbuster

« Reply #6 on: Apr 17, 2007, 06:08 PM »
I hate to think about fall Crappie until I at least throw a plug into the Atlantic.BB

Basskicker

« Reply #7 on: Apr 17, 2007, 07:38 PM »
I hear ya brother.....just addin my 2 cents to the thread!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.