FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 09 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD BS Thread  (Read 418879 times)

Simplecarppieguy

• Established in 1969, Fisherman by 1975..
Re: SALMON RIVER SPRING 09 STEELHEAD BS Thread
« Reply #315 on: Apr 08, 2009, 03:38 PM »
OK guy you got me!! I can be up there Sunday Morning.. I have a ton of sac tied up I want to get in on the Action. Its been to long, Nov was the last time I hook into a steelhead and I was with Todd from strike zone doing a trip. It being Easter the foot traffic should be light. I am thinking mid morning, 10am. Snagger I'll send you a PM with my Cell..
16 kings, 100 dropped!! Its not all about how many you get to the bank, its about the fun and friendship!

fishman

« Reply #316 on: Apr 08, 2009, 05:35 PM »
how is saturday looking? might head up to try for some, still schoolhouse pool doing best?
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there\\\\\\\'d be a shortage of fishing poles

mud_n_fun

• Take a Kid Fishing!
« Reply #317 on: Apr 08, 2009, 05:57 PM »
Just to keep your blood flowing.

Gotta have a pic now and then.

Good Luck Guys!

The Mayor

« Reply #318 on: Apr 08, 2009, 08:11 PM »
HI SNAGGER,      I visualize you sitting at your favorite crappie spot catching one after another :clapping: Oh, whose that sitting over there with a black hooded sweatshirt hiding. You know who it is, it's moosemans friend.  :police:  Be careful  :nono:     THE  MAYOR

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #319 on: Apr 08, 2009, 10:10 PM »
 Hey MAYOR I heard the boys did a round up down at the crappie spot last week, I wasn't there though! Got people for not carrying their licenses, nothing major! Doesn't matter to me, I don't like cleaning more than 15 anyway! I heard it was a undercover operation though!  ;D  why is your screen so big & blank!
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

SNAGGER

« Reply #320 on: Apr 08, 2009, 10:28 PM »
how is saturday looking? might head up to try for some, still schoolhouse pool doing best?
As far as the river is concerned for a Bank angler, the schoolhouse would be your one of your best bets. There are alot of spawning fish right now where ever there is Gravel. So there's many area's in  the upper River with gravel that are decent right now if can reach them! There's Islands around Ellis Cove, but the water is high and there's diversions above the Trestle hole and below the elementary school that are reasonable!     GOOD LUCK!  :thumbup_smilie:
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

SNAGGER

« Reply #321 on: Apr 08, 2009, 10:36 PM »
 CREEKS UPDATE: they came down alot due to Very cold air temps. They also cleared right up making the fish very spooky! The bigger ones were perfect Green, but the bite was off from colder water temps. Wish I had better news, but that's the way it was! I had guys out that got fish, but not a bananza by any means, need Warmer weather!       Didn't hear anything on the River today!     The guys who went out, did go out late, so it could have been better in the morning!
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

bunker killer

« Reply #322 on: Apr 09, 2009, 04:43 AM »
HeyMayor, Snagger said we were getting to colorful.One of my posts was to let him know that i was bringing THE JACKSON FIVE with me next week but mike cant make it that's why there's only 4

every time i try to insert these faces it erases my post

Bunker,     Are you happy  ;D with your new diving bell ?  Puff Daddy ordered one  with the optional underwater smoke stack so he could see more steelhead than there really are.  :thumbup_smilie: So where do you plan on entering ?  Upstream by the down tree   :w00t: or off the rocks   :nono: Regardless i'll be there to watch the show  :clapping: I'm sure you & Puff Daddy will put on a great show   :bowdown:   THE  MAYOR        Hi  Snagger,      Any white car sitings near the green bridge today ? Tell me the truth were you driving around with Talula.  :o I see your getting more snow . See you soon.   :o   THE  MAYOR

Flukeman

« Reply #323 on: Apr 09, 2009, 07:02 AM »
I went to the Lake meetings and they said they had no reason to believe that there would be a decrease for next year. They have had some really good year classes creating the recent good fishing and it looked like another good year class to maintain it. The bait fish numbers in the lake are still down.

If we could only teach them to eat gobies  :laugh:

Jeff

The Mayor

« Reply #324 on: Apr 09, 2009, 10:36 AM »
CREEKS UPDATE: they came down alot due to Very cold air temps. They also cleared right up making the fish very spooky! The bigger ones were perfect Green, but the bite was off from colder water temps. Wish I had better news, but that's the way it was! I had guys out that got fish, but not a bananza by any means, need Warmer weather!       Didn't hear anything on the River today!     The guys who went out, did go out late, so it could have been better in the morning!
SNAGGER,     I see you got more snow, cold & probably no sun. Here it's sunny, no wind, no clouds 54 at 11 a.m. grass is green & trees are budding, ocean is flat, air is fresh & crisp & SHANIE is running up & down the beach chasing the sea gulls. Wish you were here.     THE  MAYOR       P.S.- WHAT ARE YOU COOKING FOR EASTER DINNER ?

NJGOOSEBUSTER1

« Reply #325 on: Apr 09, 2009, 11:21 AM »
HEY SNAGGER, WHERE YOU GET THEM #1 SIZE 92625 HOOKS ,    HEARD THEY WORK THE BEST!     HOWS THAT SWEATSHIRT FIT?

SNAGGER

« Reply #326 on: Apr 09, 2009, 12:15 PM »
I went to the Lake meetings and they said they had no reason to believe that there would be a decrease for next year. They have had some really good year classes creating the recent good fishing and it looked like another good year class to maintain it. The bait fish numbers in the lake are still down.

If we could only teach them to eat gobies  :laugh:

Jeff
Glad you brought that to my attention, I feel a little better now about the Eastern end of the Lake. Last year all of the browns I cleaned in May, were full of GOBIES but if the lake trout populations comes back to 1990's levels, something is going to half to give!  >:(  There's also a 2 year classes of Salmon that are going to be down a little in 2-3 years from the year the hatchery had problems with high water temps and the Drought! So I feel even better now!  I'm still worried about too many browns in a steelhead river though!
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

SNAGGER

« Reply #327 on: Apr 09, 2009, 12:19 PM »
HEY SNAGGER, WHERE YOU GET THEM #1 SIZE 92625 HOOKS ,    HEARD THEY WORK THE BEST!     HOWS THAT SWEATSHIRT FIT?
   It's #2's for Salmon and #6's for steelies and I have plenty. I wore your sweatshirt ice fishing. You have to bring a large up for little dave!
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

fishingjason

« Reply #328 on: Apr 09, 2009, 04:34 PM »
Snagger-
Are they trying to rehabilitate the Landlock Salmon or is that on hold. I have seen a number of fish hooked by the spey guys in upper parts of the river in late summer and early fall. I am curious as to what the future will hold. The S.R. is obviously dependable as far as the Steelhead goes. Will there be competition with Skamanians if the Landlocks come back in good numbers. 

northwoods

• FRIEND OF ALL FISH !!!LIKED BY NONE!!!
« Reply #329 on: Apr 09, 2009, 09:39 PM »
JERRY is alittle under the weather if you can't tell !!!! LOL
HEY, WHERE IS MY FLOAT ???
     GET UM!!! GET UM!!! GET UM!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.