FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 09 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD BS Thread  (Read 418875 times)

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
Re: SALMON RIVER SPRING 09 STEELHEAD BS Thread
« Reply #510 on: May 03, 2009, 01:35 PM »
    Looking out my window, looks like the River is back up to 1200-1500cfs! I thought it was a little early for trees to be drinking that much rain, darn power companies! Must have done it when I was catching eyes last night!
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

fishman

« Reply #511 on: May 03, 2009, 02:40 PM »
well, it was another fishless trip for me, but at least this time i had a bite
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there\\\\\\\'d be a shortage of fishing poles

SNAGGER

« Reply #512 on: May 03, 2009, 03:56 PM »
well, it was another fishless trip for me, but at least this time i had a bite
   Waterline # 1-800-452-1742 code-365-123, I was walleye fishing, didn't even check to see if it was going up! Was great, before it got blown out!
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

fishman

« Reply #513 on: May 03, 2009, 05:40 PM »
   Waterline # 1-800-452-1742 code-365-123, I was walleye fishing, didn't even check to see if it was going up! Was great, before it got blown out!

i heard it was great, a guy we talked to say he caught 11 yesterday and missed around 17. and the number is for the water level?
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there\\\\\\\'d be a shortage of fishing poles

tightlinesny

• Guide
« Reply #514 on: May 03, 2009, 06:07 PM »
[/qhttp://www.h2oline.com/365123.aspuote]

SNAGGER

« Reply #515 on: May 04, 2009, 12:53 PM »
 Fish must be re-adjusting to the new water level, cause had 7 people off the street looking for fish cleaning. Only 1 of them were out on boats! Just thought I'd give a little report, even though I'm walleye fishing! GOOD LUCK!, now they'll lower the River just to mess with us!
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

SNAGGER

« Reply #516 on: May 04, 2009, 12:58 PM »
Something smells funny about this. Hey Snagger is it your 7 month old gut barrell?
Yeah that barrel is in rough shape, just found 2 five gallon pails of ice fishing guts & maggets out back too! When you coming back up for some eyeball fishing Black Albey?
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

Black Albatraz

« Reply #517 on: May 04, 2009, 04:59 PM »
Well, I would love to. I just got the boat set back up. How was last weekend? Do you have a Walleye thread going now?

SNAGGER

« Reply #518 on: May 04, 2009, 05:06 PM »
Well, I would love to. I just got the boat set back up. How was last weekend? Do you have a Walleye thread going now?
Some of us have been using oneida lake diehards so far!
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

SNAGGER

« Reply #519 on: May 05, 2009, 01:02 AM »
If anyone is heading up this way Today, heres what the waterline said No flow report! They usually only do that when there getting ready to flood us out, but that's not in the cards with the weather we have had! 1150cfs yesterday, probably the same or they will drop it!  Hey Fishman we got to get you into some steelies! Talked to some guys after mowing the lawn that did pretty good at Ellis Cove area, some of those people off the street were getting droppies down town near 81 hole! I'd stay up here though, waters got to be big down there!
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

SNAGGER

« Reply #520 on: May 05, 2009, 04:40 PM »
[/qhttp://www.h2oline.com/365123.aspuote]
  Had some guys call & say that site wouldn't work, is it written wrong! Had a few guests make a suicide run up from NJ. say they caught alot of fish in the Islands and gravel runs above the Sportsman's pool today! Good mix of darkies and droppies! Not many black flies with the wind!
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

fishman

« Reply #521 on: May 05, 2009, 04:43 PM »
Hey Fishman we got to get you into some steelies!

i couldn't agree more.   ;D ;D i just have a few things working against me: 1) short (normal for other methods of fishing) fishing rods; 2) very little experience; 3) only weekends available, or possibly friday evenings, and it is a one hour drive so not long friday evenings.

but thanks for all the tips you guys have provided :thumbup_smilie: :bowdown: :thumbup_smilie:.  i am starting to get the hang of it to where i have at lest gotten a bite, possible two, now.  will it still be worth trying saturday do you think? i know this is early yo try and guess but???

oh, and if you are fishing w/ a float, it it very obvious when you get a bite or are the subtle takers, for the most part?
thanks for like the fiftieth time,
fishman

SNAGGER

« Reply #522 on: May 05, 2009, 04:49 PM »
 I got extra rods hanging on the wall that some of my guests use, if they forget something! Your welcome to use one! When floats go under, they go under , can't miss it, even in the winter! Should be fish around now that it has gotten colder, BUT theres a big storm coming wednesday!
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

northwoods

• FRIEND OF ALL FISH !!!LIKED BY NONE!!!
« Reply #523 on: May 05, 2009, 10:09 PM »
These are a couple of buddies from CT. that came up for the first time in the spring they caught some beauties!!!
HEY, WHERE IS MY FLOAT ???
     GET UM!!! GET UM!!! GET UM!!!

northwoods

• FRIEND OF ALL FISH !!!LIKED BY NONE!!!
« Reply #524 on: May 05, 2009, 10:13 PM »
Here is Curvin with a nice drop back hen that attacked a sac under the float. GOOD JOB!!! Pic was from my buddy Steve.
HEY, WHERE IS MY FLOAT ???
     GET UM!!! GET UM!!! GET UM!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.