FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 09 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD BS Thread  (Read 418874 times)

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
Re: 09 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD BS Thread
« Reply #2385 on: Nov 05, 2009, 07:30 AM »
spoted a large run of fish wearing yankees caps headed down to Da bronxs to party last night ;D ;D ;D ;D did it in the house....YANKEES....#27 history  again
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

bunker killer

« Reply #2386 on: Nov 05, 2009, 11:01 AM »
spoted a large run of fish wearing yankees caps headed down to Da bronxs to party last night ;D ;D ;D ;D did it in the house....YANKEES....#27 history  again
Hey Trapper,Is there going to be a ticker tape parade in front of Altmar Outfitters also?? :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #2387 on: Nov 05, 2009, 11:38 AM »
Hey Trapper,Is there going to be a ticker tape parade in front of Altmar Outfitters also?? :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
 When are you coming up? I still got that big bag of Yellow perch fillets for ya in the freezer from July and some July walleye too, not shad walleye, perch frey walleye. YUMMY!!!!!  Rivers in a slight slump right now with the colder temp's, clouds & low water, could pick back up next week though. Supposed to be warmer!
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

bunker killer

« Reply #2388 on: Nov 05, 2009, 12:23 PM »
When are you coming up? I still got that big bag of Yellow perch fillets for ya in the freezer from July and some July walleye too, not shad walleye, perch Frey walleye. YUMMY!!!!! Rivers in a slight slump right now with the colder temp's, clouds & low water, could pick back up next week though. Supposed to be warmer!
I'm still playing catch up, but all my gear is packed and ready to go !!!! but its going to be a suicide type of trip when it happens, you ll just turn around and ill be there

SNAGGER

« Reply #2389 on: Nov 05, 2009, 01:46 PM »
I'm still playing catch up, but all my gear is packed and ready to go !!!! but its going to be a suicide type of trip when it happens, you ll just turn around and ill be there
 Like the old days, I'de turn around at the Bar after fishing all day, and there you guys were! Scary stuff!!  :w00t:  A little lake effect rolling in right now, nothing major though so far!

This batch is pretty heavy, still scattered though!

Snowflakes the size of half dollars mixen in the rain
                        when that batch went through!

It died out, got maybe 1/4(.25)
                            of an inch of water here!
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

neilc

« Reply #2390 on: Nov 05, 2009, 06:01 PM »
Hey shanner,
Who's radar is that ?

SNAGGER

« Reply #2391 on: Nov 05, 2009, 08:56 PM »
  Channel nine news out of Syracuse, they own there own Doppler radar! Real detailed radar for local weather like Lake effect! (newschannel9WSYR)  Great Meterologists!

Hey MAYOR Remember this place?

R.I.P Uncle Johnny

SNAGGER

« Reply #2392 on: Nov 05, 2009, 11:38 PM »
        THE MAYOR STRIKES AGAIN, SOUTH SANDY STYLE!!!

Hey Mayor, I saw my uncle down to Sylvan beach the other night!  ;)
  You got to stop over and have a good old fashion walleye dinner with me,
                                          your wasteing away
                             to nothing eating all them darn steelies!  :D

R.I.P Uncle Johnny

The Mayor

« Reply #2393 on: Nov 06, 2009, 09:42 AM »
 Channel nine news out of Syracuse, they own there own Doppler radar! Real detailed radar for local weather like Lake effect! (newschannel9WSYR)  Great Meterologists!

Hey MAYOR Remember this place?

Snagger,       Hope you said hello to your uncle for me, hav'nt seen him in along time. Thanks for the Walleye invite, sounds great, is it fresh or from your privite stock of 2005 vintage, or the sidewalk freezer. How's the Walleye fishing been ?  By the way, isn't it ironic that the name of the Philly player to make the last out in the World Series is SHANE. Make sure you watch the parade today, Johnny Damon will be waving to you. Don't feel bad your Uncle Pedro tried his best.     THE MAYOR 

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
« Reply #2394 on: Nov 06, 2009, 09:56 AM »
Snagger,       Hope you said hello to your uncle for me, hav'nt seen him in along time. Thanks for the Walleye invite, sounds great, is it fresh or from your privite stock of 2005 vintage, or the sidewalk freezer. How's the Walleye fishing been ?  By the way, isn't it ironic that the name of the Philly player to make the last out in the World Series is SHANE. Make sure you watch the parade today, Johnny Damon will be waving to you. Don't feel bad your Uncle Pedro tried his best.     THE MAYOR 
:rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :clapping: :clapping:
Nice job findin em

bunker killer

« Reply #2395 on: Nov 06, 2009, 11:56 AM »
That's the way to make an entrance Mayor :bowdown: :bowdown: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

SNAGGER

« Reply #2396 on: Nov 06, 2009, 11:58 AM »
just so you know the bead works pretty good!!!!!     MIDGET :-* :-*
  Hey Markie been giving away every color bead that I can get a hold of to the guests! Been getting back mixed reports, shouldn't take long too to figure out which ones to stock for different water temps and seasons!  Apricot pearl seems to be the closest  color I can find that looks like the eggs that were falling out of the steelies stomaches a couple of weeks ago! Everybody's been talking about the Glow, but no success here, that blood dot, has had some good success though! Was 10-12 mm, seems to be 8mm now though!  No pink worm action yet, I still like my coho eggs tied in white, but I'm stubborn!!!   Catch ya later!
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

SNAGGER

« Reply #2397 on: Nov 06, 2009, 12:01 PM »
That's the way to make an entrance Mayor :bowdown: :bowdown: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
      SPECTACULAR ENTRANCE!!!!!! you know you secretlly like pedro Mayor!  :w00t:

Cold out there today, guys said fishin Ok!  Must be a Cowboy convention or Rodeo in town!  My guests said the guys with fly line are ropin the heck out of them up here in Altmar!  ;D  Just got back from the Bridge, wow! Guys taking fish out of the water for 5-7 minutes to take pictures, then throw them back! hey good for the guys who like eating them, saw them swimming bellie up heading down into the spinning area! Unbelievable and they used to call me an outlaw!!  Snowing pretty good out there!
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

Simplecarppieguy

• Established in 1969, Fisherman by 1975..
« Reply #2398 on: Nov 06, 2009, 01:40 PM »
Sounds about right Snagger!! Lets not forget about the 10-15min fight that wipes them out in the first place,then the handling for the pictures!! I just don't get them guys..
16 kings, 100 dropped!! Its not all about how many you get to the bank, its about the fun and friendship!

SNAGGER

« Reply #2399 on: Nov 06, 2009, 02:32 PM »
Sounds about right Snagger!! Lets not forget about the 10-15min fight that wipes them out in the first place,then the handling for the pictures!! I just don't get them guys..
That might be the most fly line I've seen below the Bridge, since the "Drought of 2007" . I don't even think I could wiggle in there with my noodle rod! Was back up to the bridge again, alot of sideways swimming steel on that fly line!  :w00t:  It's a circus up there!
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.