FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 09 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD BS Thread  (Read 418872 times)

Simplecarppieguy

• Established in 1969, Fisherman by 1975..
Re: 09 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD BS Thread
« Reply #2955 on: Dec 11, 2009, 05:50 AM »
Yes they have been doing good on plugs and beads in the boats. Monday I did good hooked four landed one Bow. All the fish where big the Bow was shy but a good fighter. Tuseday the river slowed down a lot! Even the boats where not doing as good as they did last week.
16 kings, 100 dropped!! Its not all about how many you get to the bank, its about the fun and friendship!

Black Albatraz

« Reply #2956 on: Dec 11, 2009, 07:36 AM »
Hey snagger are you getting any of that lake effect, or is it going north?

NJGOOSEBUSTER1

« Reply #2957 on: Dec 11, 2009, 08:54 AM »
  Yep, I think he got it out of the schoolhouse!  Last summer was real cold, there was some browns around from time to time, nothing major, but nice ones!

YO SNAGGER, FINALLY DOWNED A NICE 10 POINT IN JERSEY AND IM READY FOR A COUPLE DAYS UP THERE.   LOOKS LIKE 750 CFS TIL SUNDAY NIGHT.  I WILL BE WATCHING THE WATER AND WILL BE READY.  ANYTHING CRAZY HAPPENS LET ME KNOW.

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #2958 on: Dec 11, 2009, 01:10 PM »
Hey snagger are you getting any of that lake effect, or is it going north?
 Just swung down here in the last 2 hours. Shoveled at 1pm, 3-4 inches new at 2pm, WOW Lowville got hammered!!!  Hey goosebuster Rob is 5 for 13 this morning,  he said the camo drift boat blistered them up there in the same area.

Heres the Squall!

Heres looking out my window at 4 inches per hour!!

R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2959 on: Dec 11, 2009, 03:02 PM »
Sweet picture Snagger.. I bet it would be easy to find a parking spot along the river.  I hope its not like that on the Thruway tomorrow going to the ice show in Syracuse..
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

FlyFrogger

« Reply #2960 on: Dec 11, 2009, 03:05 PM »
 Just swung down here in the last 2 hours. Shoveled at 1pm, 3-4 inches new at 2pm, WOW Lowville got hammered!!!  Hey goosebuster Rob is 5 for 13 this morning,  he said a camo drift boat blistered them up there on floats with him!                                       Heres the Squall!

thats baby snow   ;D

SEADUCKTION

« Reply #2961 on: Dec 11, 2009, 03:10 PM »
 Just swung down here in the last 2 hours. Shoveled at 1pm, 3-4 inches new at 2pm, WOW Lowville got hammered!!!  Hey goosebuster Rob is 5 for 13 this morning,  he said a camo drift boat blistered them up there on floats with him!                                       Heres the Squall!

NOW THAT IS MY KIND OF FISHING WEATHER!!!!!!!!!!  Can't wait till tomrrow.

SNAGGER

« Reply #2962 on: Dec 11, 2009, 03:28 PM »

NOW THAT IS MY KIND OF FISHING WEATHER!!!!!!!!!!  Can't wait till tomrrow.
 Good luck with your Tournament Saturday, who's team you on!!  The Camo boat got some good practice today I heard!  Knock em out man!!     
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

KingPerch

« Reply #2963 on: Dec 11, 2009, 03:47 PM »
SNAGGER, Your getting some pretty nasty weather Buddy!! I was working in volney today and it was sunny all day. Got to Mexico and it was terrible driving to home. getting some pretty good accumulation here now!!! Stay warm to all and tightlines!!!--KP :)
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

SNAGGER

« Reply #2964 on: Dec 11, 2009, 04:09 PM »
SNAGGER, Your getting some pretty nasty weather Buddy!! I was working in volney today and it was sunny all day. Got to Mexico and it was terrible driving to home. getting some pretty good accumulation here now!!! Stay warm to all and tightlines!!!--KP :)
  Hey KP I forgot, that spot you did good with your son in October is back now with the 750cfs. It's good too!
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

fishingjason

« Reply #2965 on: Dec 11, 2009, 05:43 PM »
How does the water come down the river when the water is raised from the power authorities?
On the Pineville USGS chart it shows the water rising the entire amount within minutes.
So does the water change hit for example the Altmar bridge instantly.

jersey dave

« Reply #2966 on: Dec 11, 2009, 05:51 PM »
No it doesnt change instantly snagger should be able to give you a good idea of the time table it takes to get to each spot. I think it is like an hour and a half to get to elis cove. Snagger I was talking to your midget buddy earlier he said that him and his boy get into some nice browns. Havnt heard from you guys in a while what happened you dont like jersey guys any more or what. Oh by the way get that stupid boston thing off ur signature. ;D ;D
Jersey Dave

SNAGGER

« Reply #2967 on: Dec 11, 2009, 08:25 PM »
No it doesnt change instantly snagger should be able to give you a good idea of the time table it takes to get to each spot. I think it is like an hour and a half to get to elis cove. Snagger I was talking to your midget buddy earlier he said that him and his boy get into some nice browns. Havnt heard from you guys in a while what happened you dont like jersey guys any more or what. Oh by the way get that stupid boston thing off ur signature. ;D ;D
It changes pretty fast, you should see it when they raise it to 8 or 12 thousand, hits the altmar bridge like a wave, then over the road!  Hey dave I figured now that your married, you'de call me.  :P
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

fishingjason

« Reply #2968 on: Dec 11, 2009, 08:42 PM »
The wave is what I was wondering about. Thanks guys.

SNAGGER

« Reply #2969 on: Dec 11, 2009, 09:37 PM »
The wave is what I was wondering about. Thanks guys.
 No wave from 335 to 750, the power company is under contract to only raise water after dark. So you woudn't be in the water when it raises anyways!  Didn't snow enough today to make the parking lots impassable,stopped just in time! shoudn't be any hitches to the float tournament, unless the squall over Parish moves back north!  Hey KP looks like your getting pounded, you might get 2 feet, we only ended up with 13 inches which is blowing away right now!  Not bad for 4 hours! Heard Tug Hill got 40+ inches!!

Starting to snow again!!!

R.I.P Uncle Johnny

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.