FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Mousam River  (Read 5443 times)

Amorica

• In search of the 10 pound Bass.......
Mousam River
« on: Mar 11, 2004, 08:15 PM »
Has anyone here ever fished it?  My brother in law has told me that in Kennebunk it has opened up and is clear of ice.  I was planning on going down there tomorrow after work    (I get out noon  ;D) and try to get some trout.  Any tips?  I just started fishing again last summer so I am still a novice, but I learn quick.  Any help is much appreciated.
weeds, gotta love em.

Fish Monger

Re: Mousam River
« Reply #1 on: Mar 12, 2004, 06:41 AM »
Ahhh I think it's against the law to fish for trout until April 1st. The law is that during Ice Fishing season you have to be standing on ice to be able to fish. Better check your lawbook!

FLAG

« Reply #2 on: Mar 12, 2004, 08:01 AM »
Not true ;D ;D You can fish the river in Kennebunk down to the ocean. I heard the trout are just coming around. Try some small hairs ear nymphs. they usually catch some nice ones in the pool right beside that park in Kennebunk.  Good Luck

Fish Monger

« Reply #3 on: Mar 12, 2004, 11:52 AM »
Why is it consider something like tidal waters in the Kennebec? I've never been there, I assumed the "river" was completely freshwater.

Dogman

« Reply #4 on: Mar 14, 2004, 02:04 PM »
Its open year round from the rt 1 bridge to the sea,artificial lures only one fish limit.Good chance at sea run browns,grass shrimp patterns are supposed to work best.

Fish Monger

« Reply #5 on: Mar 15, 2004, 09:55 AM »
Ahhh I do see that I was wrong. I apologize for that. Fish on....

Jim C.

• Up the creek...and loving it!
« Reply #6 on: Mar 26, 2004, 06:31 PM »
I've had my best luck on the Mousam and also on the Ogunquit on either side of low tide.  Had some pretty frantic action on the Ogunquit a few Decembers back.  Fish seemed to be hitting green fly patterns that day....like an olive bead head streamer.  Never fished it in the Spring, but have heard good things.  Good luck!

Jim C.

KLC

« Reply #7 on: Apr 13, 2004, 01:39 PM »
Actually Maine has done something new. Used to be just the flyboys got year 'round fishing. Now we all do, well almost all. (sorry bait guys) Check the book as I know the Saco, and am pretty sure the  Piscataquis are now open year 'round and yes you can fish for Trout. Ane even can keep one in the Saco. The biologist have responded to my constant whining about the unfairness that they have given the flyboys!! (thanx Francis) Just remember it is ALO in the offseason. Good luck, and  they seem to love the little gold spinners..................go slow and fish the very bottom!!

KLC

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.