FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 2 Salmon  (Read 1565 times)

fish wayniac

2 Salmon
« on: May 04, 2020, 08:17 PM »
I got out on the water on Sunday morning. Started out trolling sewn on smelts. We had 3 hits and 2 salmon in the boat. I caught a 15”-16” Salmon. Kyle caught a beautiful 22” that weighed 4.5 lbs.He tried to release it but it would not swim off. He kept it and got 2 nice fillets .  We went for a long while after with no bites so we switched to lures , but that didn’t work either.

seamonkey84

Re: 2 Salmon
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2020, 08:44 PM »
Nice! I just love those silver torpedos.
"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

PK186

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2020, 05:06 AM »
Nice looking salmon.

franklin fisher

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2020, 05:36 AM »
  Nice catch.

PIKE FISHERMAN

• Precision Angling on Youtube. Maine based fishing.
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2020, 12:51 PM »
Nice Salmon
Precision Angling on Youtube. Maine based bass, pike, fly fishing, brook fishing, trolling and ice fishing. Hope to see you on the water somewhere!!

Jim C.

• Up the creek...and loving it!
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2020, 02:22 PM »
Beautiful salmon, Wayne!  But it must feel strange for you catch something besides browns :laugh:

fish wayniac

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2020, 04:47 PM »
Beautiful salmon, Wayne!  But it must feel strange for you catch something besides browns :laugh:

Jim, Those Salmon are pretty fires up and are fun to catch. Kyle was lucky to even land that fish. Jumped out of the water , changed directions went under the boat and even got tangled into the leadcore line ha ha!
I’m going to try for Browns, Brook and Rainbow trout. I haven’t caught all three in one day yet.

Jim C.

• Up the creek...and loving it!
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2020, 08:12 AM »
Salmon sure do put up an active fight especially as the water warms up some.

Good luck on getting your trout "hat trick" 8)

Jim, Those Salmon are pretty fires up and are fun to catch. Kyle was lucky to even land that fish. Jumped out of the water , changed directions went under the boat and even got tangled into the leadcore line ha ha!
I’m going to try for Browns, Brook and Rainbow trout. I haven’t caught all three in one day yet.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.