FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Stone lake?  (Read 1478 times)

fishinator

Stone lake?
« on: Aug 01, 2022, 07:27 AM »
I was always told stone lake in laporte was 10mph speed limit. I believe it may or was posted at the launch. I was planning on going there this past weekend but found out they were having jet ski races. Have they lifted the 10mph limit? Or just for this race? Or am I confused and there never was a speed limit?

taxid

Re: Stone lake?
« Reply #1 on: Aug 01, 2022, 08:27 AM »
Seems awfully small for PWC races. That would really piss me off if I wanted to fish there.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

abishop

« Reply #2 on: Aug 01, 2022, 08:35 AM »
Races are probably on Pine??

Spooled85

« Reply #3 on: Aug 01, 2022, 10:23 AM »
Yes stone lake is a no wake lake . And yes the do have jet ski races infront of the beach almost every yr that i can rember . It defenitly doesnt make much since at all. And as far as the speed limit it still reamains to the public during the race. They only used to set up bouys  in front of the beach it was just a small area the raced in. So shoulsnt have been a problem to fish the rest of the lake or launch

indianahooker

« Reply #4 on: Aug 01, 2022, 01:58 PM »
no wake lake?  i never seen one of those.  is this a NW IN. thing?

Spooled85

« Reply #5 on: Aug 01, 2022, 07:51 PM »
And i will say i was wrong about stone lake ramp being open during race . Biddy of mine went Nd tbey had the ramp closed but pine lake ramp was open

taxid

« Reply #6 on: Aug 01, 2022, 09:07 PM »
no wake lake?  i never seen one of those.  is this a NW IN. thing?

Aren't lakes under a certain acreage 10 mph speed limits?
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Teacherpreacher

« Reply #7 on: Aug 02, 2022, 06:44 AM »
Stone Lake is a no wake lake, usually 10 mph. I know Bruce Lake is the same. Stone has also had those Mini Racer Races in the past where they used the entire lake.
Teach
Do all that you love, with those that you love, as often as you can.

indianahooker

« Reply #8 on: Aug 02, 2022, 07:55 PM »
Aren't lakes under a certain acreage 10 mph speed limits?

yes but?  big difference between no wake and 10mph.  no wake is for channels and inside the buoy line most of the time.  thats why i asked.  10mph is also nighttime speed limit on all lakes.  i run 9.5 just to be safe  :laugh: 

so its either 10mph or no wake. 

taxid

« Reply #9 on: Aug 03, 2022, 09:00 AM »
yes but?  big difference between no wake and 10mph.  no wake is for channels and inside the buoy line most of the time.  thats why i asked.  10mph is also nighttime speed limit on all lakes.  i run 9.5 just to be safe  :laugh: 

so its either 10mph or no wake.

My bad I thought they were the same thing.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.