FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Chain of Lakes  (Read 1703 times)

RoeBoat

Chain of Lakes
« on: Jun 20, 2021, 09:15 PM »
Took the annual camping trip to the chain this weekend.  Not a pure fishing vacation but we try to work a little in.  Typically time spent in a reclining lawn chair around the fire or chasing the kids here or there.

Took a couple good messes of gills/redear/crappie with a few bass and a single trout.  Most of the crappie came on trolled flicker shad in low light.  Gills were taken on wiggles in about 10-12 fow, typically fishing 6-8' deep.

RoeBoat

Re: Chain of Lakes
« Reply #1 on: Jun 21, 2021, 04:26 PM »
Really nice park, lots of good fishing and other things to do.  Just beware of the "kayak surge" on the weekend.  Saw one guy trying to wade and fly fish in the creek out of Sand and he had at least 6 kayaks within 50 yards of him, com'on man.

Rented an RV off RV Share and it worked out really well.  We were going to buy a new one this year after selling ours last year but the market has been stupid like everything else.  Government needs to stop firing the money canon, ridiculous!

rivereddy

« Reply #2 on: Jun 21, 2021, 05:01 PM »
Yup, a favorite on this end as well.  The Canoe loop is the best of its kind in Indiana

fish on,

rivereddy

Hexagenia51

« Reply #3 on: Jun 26, 2021, 07:51 PM »
I live about three miles from the park, so it’s not much of a draw for me, kind of like my backyard with loads of people. The weekend is way more crowded than I want to deal with. But you guys have fun! Hex

Krh76

« Reply #4 on: Jul 18, 2021, 04:27 PM »
Nice mess!

My wife and I are going up there soon. What fish are up there?  Does it vary from lake to lake?  Obviously gills crappies and trout. But perch walleyes bass?

Thanks guys

Piggyn

« Reply #5 on: Jul 18, 2021, 08:16 PM »
Bass... Yes
Walleyes... No
Trout... Only stocked in Sand Lake and do not hold over
Perch... Not sure if there are significant numbers
Catching the lunkers of tomorrow today!

taxid

« Reply #6 on: Aug 14, 2021, 06:44 PM »
When the state planted brown trout in Sand Lake I think there was some holdover. At least abut 30 years ago.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.