FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Is Photobucket on strike today?  (Read 1472 times)

devil-man

Is Photobucket on strike today?
« on: Oct 06, 2005, 09:59 AM »
I'm getting a lot of those infamous red X's.
Properties says "unavailable".

???

vancouvercanuck

Re: Is Photobucket on strike today?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 06, 2005, 10:45 AM »
Where are you seeing the red x's? I'm getting onto photobucket no probs.
"Surveys show that minesweaping draws the most diligent and precise individuals of any profession with employees averaging only one mistake per career." - Author Unknown

bigredfishing

• Screw the BS, let's go fishing.
« Reply #2 on: Oct 06, 2005, 11:59 AM »
DM, I thought i was going nuts, then I called slipbob, and he is getting photobucket pics...but i'm not.  It seems it is working for some, but not others.  What kills me is that Archive.org is down, they have a bajillion dead shows over there, and I usually stream shows when I am at my computer...but archvie.org is working for SB too, so what gives?

DM, who is your provider?  Mine is RoadRunner Cable, Slip's is a T1 line.

blaque

« Reply #3 on: Oct 06, 2005, 12:19 PM »
I used it earler today without a probem and dont pay for a subscription. I use a DSL line at work

devil-man

« Reply #4 on: Oct 06, 2005, 01:16 PM »
DM, who is your provider?  Mine is RoadRunner Cable...

Yep, same here. Maybe it's a problem with them.  >:(

Chucker

« Reply #5 on: Oct 06, 2005, 04:40 PM »
I've noticed it myself with Weather Underground also.  There is an internet backbone issue today.....

http://status.cogentco.com/

It turns out Cogent and Level 3 are having a little disagreement and it's affecting customers.  Level 3 has apparently blocked all traffic between themselves and Cogent based addresses, which could cause users some trouble.

Quote from: status.cogentco.com
Network Status: Warning
DNS Servers Status: Normal
Dialup/IPASS Status: Normal
Mail Servers Status: Normal
Webservers Status: Normal

Cogent Network Status/DNS Server Status Description:
Date: 10/06/2005

Level 3 has partitioned its part of the Internet from Cogent's part of the Internet by denying Level 3's
customers access to Cogent's customers and denying Cogent's customers access to Level 3 customers. Level 3
terminated its peering with Cogent without cause (as permitted under its peering agreement with Cogent)
even though both Cogent and Level 3 remained in full compliance with the previously existing interconnection
agreement.

Many Level 3 customers can still exchange traffic with Cogent customers because the Level 3 customer is multi-
homed, i.e. it also has a connection to Cogent or to one of the many other networks with which Cogent has a
peering relationship. As described below Cogent is offering a solution to Level 3 customers that are not multi-homed.

Cogent will offer any Level 3 customer, who is single homed to the Level 3 network as of October 5, 2005,
one year of full Internet transit free of charge at the same bandwidth currently being supplied by Level 3.
Cogent will provide this connectivity in over 1,000 locations throughout North America and Europe.

Cogent is committed to an open Internet. The existing interconnection facilities between Level 3 and Cogent
remain intact. Cogent hopes that Level 3 will reactivate these connections, restoring a full level of service
to their customers.

For more information on Cogent's offer of free Internet transit, please call:
NORTH AMERICA: 1-877-875-4432
EUROPE: +33 (0)1 49 03 19 30

Email/Webmail Service Status Description:

Dialup/IPASS Service Status Description:

Webhosting Server Status Description:

Planned Outages, Upgrades & Maintenance:

Unless otherwise noted, maintenance issues are handled between
the hours of 3:00am and 7:00am local time at the affected site
with our aim to be complete by 6:00am.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum