FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: CHARCOAL GRILLERS UNITE!!!  (Read 157393 times)

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
Re: CHARCOAL GRILLERS UNITE!!!
« Reply #735 on: Jul 25, 2018, 09:51 AM »
I just make our usual mac and cheese, but instead of baking it in the oven I put it in the smoker for a couple three hours.

Start with a rue, stir in sharp or extra sharp cheddar cheese until melted, mix with cooked macaroni, and dump into an aluminum baking pan.   ;D

yup! and the options are endless. Lobster, shredded striped bass, buffalo sauce, chicken...... mmmm.
Wicked Wec

Mac Attack

« Reply #736 on: Jul 25, 2018, 03:04 PM »
No brainier......Buy a bigger grill!

Rg

:thumbup_smilie:

ActiveTrapChecker

« Reply #737 on: Jul 25, 2018, 03:08 PM »
No brainier......Buy a bigger grill!

Rg

Mac, just get one of those tub grills Chiavetta's uses as the fundraising chicken BBQ events!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #738 on: Jul 26, 2018, 03:20 AM »
I've always likes the looks of this one Mac. They're built like tanks.

Oaklahoma Joe's Longhorn Smoker.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Mac Attack

« Reply #739 on: Jul 26, 2018, 06:23 AM »
I've always likes the looks of this one Mac. They're built like tanks.

Oaklahoma Joe's Longhorn Smoker.

Rg

My neighbor out at the lake has one like that.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #740 on: Jul 30, 2018, 08:12 AM »
If I ever have to replace my faithful Weber, that will be the one.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Mac Attack

« Reply #741 on: Jul 30, 2018, 08:35 AM »
https://www.amazon.com/Oklahoma-Joes-Charcoal-Smoker-Combo/dp/B016ZIB8HO/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1532957620&sr=8-8&keywords=oklahoma+joe%27s+longhorn+smoker

I figured it would be over a grand.

And I know this is probably going to ruffle a few feathers, but I would convert the smoking box to electric.

zwiggles

« Reply #742 on: Jul 30, 2018, 10:44 AM »
Weber make some fantastic smokers once they reach there end of life.

If your interested I’ll try to look it up, but Alton Brown did a show about it many years ago.

Here’s the product he used. My cousin has one, and it works like a dream.

https://pitmasteriq.com

Mac Attack

« Reply #743 on: Jul 30, 2018, 11:58 AM »

Weber make some fantastic smokers once they reach there end of life.

huh?

please explain

ActiveTrapChecker

« Reply #744 on: Jul 30, 2018, 12:01 PM »
The product hyperlinked appears to be an accessory that you can transform the Weber Original Kettle into a regulated smoker

Mac Attack

« Reply #745 on: Jul 30, 2018, 01:21 PM »
The product hyperlinked appears to be an accessory that you can transform the Weber Original Kettle into a regulated smoker

I get that, but don't know what he meant by end of life thingy about the Webers.

I have a gas weber and am curious.

zwiggles

« Reply #746 on: Jul 30, 2018, 02:03 PM »
The tv show I watched way back in the day indicated that instead of throwing away your old tired Webber to instead turn it into a smoker. I would assume some people don’t like the looks once they get old, or there sick of charcoal, but I am not sure.

His bigger point was that wth any enclosed metal container + the pit master iq you can have a really efficient/accurate smoker. And you can control the temp remotely if you don’t want to go outside in the heat or cold.

ActiveTrapChecker

« Reply #747 on: Jul 30, 2018, 02:09 PM »
I get that, but don't know what he meant by end of life thingy about the Webers.

I have a gas weber and am curious.

My apologies Mac

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #748 on: Jul 30, 2018, 02:58 PM »
https://www.amazon.com/Oklahoma-Joes-Charcoal-Smoker-Combo/dp/B016ZIB8HO/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1532957620&sr=8-8&keywords=oklahoma+joe%27s+longhorn+smoker

I figured it would be over a grand.

And I know this is probably going to ruffle a few feathers, but I would convert the smoking box to electric.

Lowes runs them at $399 a couple times a year. I could see an electric conversion on the Longhorn, but it would have to be a pretty big element to supply heat from a side box. But then, if anyone knows about such things it's you Mac. That stuff is your livelihood.

The problem I see with using a Weber kettle for a smoker is that they're not insulated like the Masterbuilt. Anyone who's cooked on a Weber long enough knows how difficult it can be to keep temps up and controlled in the wind or cold.

I'd like the Longhorn for the charcoal, gas, side burner options. Not so much for smoking, although, I'm sure I could learn to operate a side box smoker.

Rg

Mac Attack

« Reply #749 on: Jul 30, 2018, 03:34 PM »
The tv show I watched way back in the day indicated that instead of throwing away your old tired Webber to instead turn it into a smoker. I would assume some people don’t like the looks once they get old, or there sick of charcoal, but I am not sure.

His bigger point was that wth any enclosed metal container + the pit master iq you can have a really efficient/accurate smoker. And you can control the temp remotely if you don’t want to go outside in the heat or cold.

ok.

now it makes sense.

Thanks

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.