FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: CHARCOAL GRILLERS UNITE!!!  (Read 157383 times)

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
Re: CHARCOAL GRILLERS UNITE!!!
« Reply #765 on: Aug 28, 2018, 06:37 AM »
It's a Char-Griller.  ;D
     One more with the one we're after and we'll have two.
The brook trout is the prom queen of the trout world, and a promiscuous prom queen at that!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #766 on: Aug 29, 2018, 08:31 AM »
I've been eyeballing the big OJ Longhorn grill with the side box, charcoal grill, gas grill and side gas burner. (I probably mentioned it before). They only ask around $400 for it. If I ever get a deal on one...... :w00t: :w00t:

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #767 on: Sep 04, 2018, 06:16 PM »
This Saturday is our neighborhood clam bake and feast. 30 dozen clams, a few dozen oysters, corn, hots, burgers( for the non clam people), shrimp, scallops, horse shoes and plenty of adult beverage. Weather looks spectacular. 70's and clear.

I'm looking forward to a really good party and a very quiet Sunday.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Bartman44

« Reply #768 on: Sep 04, 2018, 06:52 PM »
That sounds great RG.  I bought a new boat this spring that I can use in the salt and to be honest I've harvested  many more clams than fish from it.  Good eats.

Have fun this weekend

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #769 on: Sep 05, 2018, 04:22 PM »
Hey...good to see you around Bart. The day looks like a perfect early fall kind of day. The geniuses are predicting a high in the mid 60's and clear skies. Were really looking foreword to a fun day.

Rg

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #770 on: Sep 07, 2018, 07:30 PM »
Well, the shrimp are cooked and chilling, cocktail sauce made, corn is shucked, garlic butter made, salt potatoes scrubbed.and ready, I picked up two wood picnic table kits from Lowes on clearance for $22.50 each, built them and set them in place. Bought table clothes, pounds of butter, portion cups, all the makings for super clam broth, beer and ( other adult beverages).

The neighbor has a turkey brining ( it'll be deep fried)

The horse shoes are freshly painted, salsa, chips and pickles in reserve........

Tomorrow morning we'll pick up 30 dozen clams and 3 dozen  fresh oysters........I feel a party coming on👍👍👍

Rg

Rg

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #771 on: Sep 11, 2018, 05:10 PM »
That sounds like it was a great event!  There's nothing like horse shoes, clams, beer, and slurping oysters with good friends.   :thumbup_smilie:
The brook trout is the prom queen of the trout world, and a promiscuous prom queen at that!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #772 on: Sep 12, 2018, 08:21 AM »
It was awesome Bill. Good thing I bailed on the campfire around 9:30 pm. They were all out there till 2am. Couple of my neighbors were in rough shape Sunday morning. Something about moonshine shots at always has that effect.

Rg

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #773 on: Sep 16, 2018, 05:57 AM »
Yesterday it was ribs and corn roasted on the Weber. Didn't something a little different with the corn. Stripped it back to remove the silk then tied the husk at the top with butchers twine leaving all the husk on. Soaked it in water for an hour or so and plunked it on the Weber. It steamed and roasted and was just delicious.

Did a slow cook at about 275 for about 2 1/2 hours. Everything was very tasty. Had a side of Jubilee tomatoes and the last cuke from the garden.

Rg

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #774 on: Dec 20, 2018, 04:19 PM »
Did wings on the Weber last night for our neighborhood happy hour.

JoJo, my neighbor's parrot, loves chicken and really likes shredding the bones to get at the marrow.

Everyone enjoyed the winter treat.

Rg

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #775 on: Dec 20, 2018, 05:19 PM »
I'll bet they did. 

I think you'd want to pay attention to your fingers when handing JoJo a bone!   ;D

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #776 on: Dec 26, 2018, 05:28 PM »
Missed this.

JoJo is a very gentile little guy. He's a cannibal...but he's gentile. Unless you try to stop him from going after something he wants. Then he strikes like a cobra. But, he's my buddy and I can rough house with him and he loves it. If you're around him enough you get to recognize his behavior.

He's very socialized and loves people.

First thing to learn is what he does just before he anoints you with bird poo.

Rg

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #777 on: Jun 28, 2019, 07:31 AM »
Gonna take a shot at pizza on the Weber tomorrow. For this go I'm gonna pick up some ready made dough from Wally World. I have a stone already and plan on using my riser to get it up away from the coals.

Gotta find a pizza peel though. If I can't find a cheap one I'll make do for now. Making one in the little wood shop sounds like fun.

I'm officially done buying crappy expensive pizzas from our local pizzerias.

Rg

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #778 on: Jun 29, 2019, 06:09 PM »
Not too shabby!

Won't cook it quite as long next time.

Rg

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #779 on: Jun 30, 2019, 08:30 AM »
Looks really good to me Bob..

Went to a Bosnian graduation party yesterday  and this was the 3rd one at this family's house over the years..   Wish I got a picture of the lamb on the rotisserie.  Phone died after I took these..

.This is called goulash but it's like a lamb stew.  Served with a homemade hardened bread to put in it.  Every thing was homemade..

And some more of the spread....

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.