MFF US Northeast > New Hampshire

Thin Blue Line

<< < (2/2)

Steve H.:

--- Quote from: BassMaster12 on Aug 01, 2023, 08:34 PM ---Had last week off and spent almost all of it in the Littleton area. Don't have a lot to report other than good pics and good food and beers at the local spots- fished the amunoosuc most days but I'm still learning how to fly fish by trial and error. Weather was very nice though.

Anyways, sorry to hijack the thread but glad your efforts seemed to be a bit more rewarding than mine. Good stuff

--- End quote ---

No hijack at all.  I actually started at the Ammonoosuc River but it was mobbed from Twin Mountain to Bretton Woods.  4-5 cars at ever pull-off and bridge, lots of them with rod vaults on their roofs and Simms stickers on their back windows.  Saw a few stockies (rainbows) caught on bait and hardware but nothing on flies that I could tell.  Didn't take me long to head into the woods, gaining elevation along the way, and focusing on the little native jewels.

lowaccord66:

--- Quote from: Steve H. on Aug 02, 2023, 10:06 AM ---Thanks Jon!  Almost as nice as those buttery browns you're catching down in CT.  Love that you're doing the mousin' thing.

--- End quote ---

Thanks brother!  Open invite whenever.  Always nice to have backup against the night creatures.

BassMaster12:

--- Quote from: Steve H. on Aug 02, 2023, 10:09 AM ---No hijack at all.  I actually started at the Ammonoosuc River but it was mobbed from Twin Mountain to Bretton Woods.  4-5 cars at ever pull-off and bridge, lots of them with rod vaults on their roofs and Simms stickers on their back windows.  Saw a few stockies (rainbows) caught on bait and hardware but nothing on flies that I could tell.  Didn't take me long to head into the woods, gaining elevation along the way, and focusing on the little native jewels.

--- End quote ---
Usually pays off to get away from the crowds. Ammonossuc wasn't very busy at all most places I went (Littleton/ Lisbon/ Bath area) but maybe that tells me something as nothing seemed to be buying what I was selling. Haha. I have a lot more to explore up there, hopefully I'll get a good amount of weekends in when I get the chance the next couple of months. It's all part of the fun.

The Jigger:
Nice photos and fish

Steve H.:

--- Quote from: The Jigger on Sep 10, 2023, 03:12 PM ---Nice photos and fish

--- End quote ---

Thanks!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version