FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: It's Amazing......  (Read 4428 times)

sbfpa_Mike

• MFF Mod Team
It's Amazing......
« on: Aug 12, 2005, 09:28 PM »
that all the Nascar chatter has up and died since the realization that the 8 and the 24 are not going to make the Chase!!

Mike :afro:

quiksmith10

Re: It's Amazing......
« Reply #1 on: Aug 16, 2005, 08:05 PM »
Hehe, yeah the 8 and 24 have had rough years this year.  I'd say Dale has had a worse year with all the crew chief problems and countless wrecks.  You gotta hand it to Tony Stewart though, he has one 5 of the last 7 races this year which is an incredible feat.  I may not be a fan of him or his attitude but he sure is one hell of a driver.

Brandon Smith

sbfpa_Mike

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2 on: Aug 16, 2005, 08:28 PM »
Brandon,

I am a fan of Tony, (except when he dogged Darrel Waltrip on national TV :cursing: :nono:) but this run of wins isn't unheard of. Back in the 90's, Jeff Gordon had his runs, Dale Sr had his runs, even Rusty had his runs. Even last year and this year, look what Jimmy Johnson did. I am loving the resurgance of the old school guys. Being a Rusty fan, I am LOVING this year. Go #2 team!!! :thumbup_smilie: :clapping: :bowdown:

Mike :afro:

quiksmith10

« Reply #3 on: Aug 16, 2005, 08:42 PM »
Yeah, all the greats have had their runs.  I like the old school guys too.  I heard that possibly Mark Martin might be coming back next year but possibly on a limited schedule.  He's had an amazing year too.  I think Rusty might become an announcer with FOX.  He's been in the booth a few times for non-Nextel Cup races.  He would definitely make a good announcer.

Brandon Smith

archbishop

« Reply #4 on: Sep 05, 2005, 02:12 PM »
i wouldnt count out the #24 with richmond next and being only 30 points out :tipup:

sbfpa_Mike

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #5 on: Sep 05, 2005, 03:52 PM »
I wouldn't count him either. He hasn't impressed me one bit.

Mike

archbishop

« Reply #6 on: Sep 05, 2005, 03:57 PM »
your just a little nervous ;) because if he gets the #10 spot he will have a little bit of momentum going into the chase and only 50 points out of first. if he doesn't get in they will more than likely rethink this whole points system, with Gordon and Jr. out. you don't see NASCAR to worried about any other drivers not making it in.

sbfpa_Mike

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #7 on: Sep 05, 2005, 07:20 PM »
I don't think Nascar is worried one bit. This new system has been a huge success for the popularity of the sport. I don't know that the drivers like it or don't, they just want to race. Gordon making the chase really doesn't make me vervous, what has he done to this point?

Mike

archbishop

« Reply #8 on: Sep 05, 2005, 08:22 PM »
dont you read the press releases from NASCAR? they are very worried that the two most popular drivers are not going to be in the chase, hell i think if Rusty and Mark werent making there last call and in the top 10, JR and Gordon not making the chase would be disasterous for this point system. but as you know from past talks we have had on the subject im not a big fan of this points system to begin with, but only time will tell.

sbfpa_Mike

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #9 on: Sep 06, 2005, 03:19 PM »
Like the system or not, Richmond is going to a really big race. W/O the new system, it would just be race 26.

Mike

archbishop

« Reply #10 on: Sep 12, 2005, 05:29 AM »
well guys my guy is out :'( but as most know im not a fan of the new chase, and that being said gordon wouldnt have a chance the old way and he doesnt have a chance now. my only problem now is that he wont have a chance to finish in the top ten, the first time since 1993, his rookie year. they way gordon has been driving the second 2/3 of the season he probably wouldnt have made it in the top ten anyhow, but i live and die by my driver.

most of you are rusty fans on here so good luck to him in his last call :tipup:

HIMO

• MFF Mod Team
  • Goatboy's- Wisconsin chapter "1st Wisconsin goat"
« Reply #11 on: Sep 12, 2005, 03:53 PM »
I am not much of a race fan but, I got to luv Matt Kenseth. off course he is from Wisconsin so you know how my feelings will fall.

HIMO
"IT'S NOT HOW DEEP YOU FISH, IT'S HOW YOU WIGGLE YOUR WORM" !!!

cdc

« Reply #12 on: Oct 01, 2005, 09:15 PM »
well its the eve of dega...and its going to be one big race..some one could get out front and stay there all day....( I hope that its Jimmy )....I like the new system it keeps the fans into it more...with the old way a driver could have the cup with 5 or so races out...he could have enough points to do it...so with that said I like it..I was at the race in NH. The first to set off the race to the cup...what a race that was..best one that I have seen there..Its good to see it start there being so close to me...then I was going to go to dover ( could have been there in 7hrs) but couldn't get a sitter for the kids for the weekend...it was a good race to see any way.
Speaking of dega...how about Sadler getting the pole...wow I was shocked to see him up there..but I like it seeing some one else up there not being in the chase...
well....till tomorrow....I'll post what I think about the race..

fastribs85

« Reply #13 on: Oct 03, 2005, 09:42 PM »
i hate those dam plates when are they gonna get rid of them its gonna get someone else killed i hate to say it but it is
naked women and beer we got it all in here

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.