FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: whaler for trolling?  (Read 5745 times)

stguy

Re: whaler for trolling?
« Reply #30 on: Mar 28, 2018, 07:13 PM »
I was told a bit more nearer a grand, That's why I want out.

What fishlessman said.....Buko starter in Lewiston is a couple minutes away from my shop, I can get it from you saturday and drop it off for you if you want??

They've done several starters and alternators for me and have been very happy with them.

woodchip1

« Reply #31 on: Mar 28, 2018, 07:21 PM »
The boat motor and trailer are 1987s and I register 6 other boats  Its just to big for me with all the other boats I have decided to give it up. Motor ran good but where I took it they went over it and told me another grand  to fix it looks like some one could get it going a lot less money.

Mac Attack

« Reply #32 on: Mar 28, 2018, 07:37 PM »
So the one I posted will fit.

For $126

Free shipping too.

woodchip1

« Reply #33 on: Mar 28, 2018, 07:57 PM »
That was a great site  I'll keep the link and who ever buys the boat I'll give them the option. If I was to keep the boat I would have gone with a new atec  or 4 cycle motor

joefishmore

« Reply #34 on: Mar 29, 2018, 10:11 AM »
You have 6 other boats ?
Good thing you have 40 acres.

fishlessman

« Reply #35 on: Mar 29, 2018, 02:29 PM »
woodchip1

you need a new mechanic ;D  i just had a 1970 fork truck starter redone for 150.  granted it took me a half hour to swap out

boondox

« Reply #36 on: Mar 29, 2018, 03:36 PM »
. It was a heavy boat but in rough water you would not want to sit in the bow.

That's why a few guy I know like those high grab rail on the whalers also know as the up chuck rail ... lol's  kinda like the Lowe fm 1650 my dad's friend bought the counsel is smack dab on the wrong side of the ballance beem and turn thd boat in to a up chuck machine in stead of a fishING machine.. that fm stood for fishing machine by the way in his model numbe lol's never seen my dad's friend or my dad that sick 4 to 5  foot high  rollers on lake erie.. on a east wind wind 11 to 15 mph out of the east..  with a full tank of fuel me my dad and his buddy had the eninge in the water while the front bow bobbed up and down like a cork.. pretty funny sight when the bow of the boat is at a 90* to the water 80% of the time..   :o

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.