FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Un-Retired …..Again!  (Read 43039 times)

Fat Boy

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Mason-Dixon
Re: Un-Retired …..Again!
« Reply #390 on: Jun 21, 2023, 08:45 AM »
It's the scorpions in your shoes that keeps me away from there!

gotagetm

« Reply #391 on: Jun 21, 2023, 09:59 AM »
....and the heat ond other stuff !

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #392 on: Jun 21, 2023, 03:13 PM »
It's the scorpions in your shoes that keeps me away from there!
  They have to check them every morning. Always 1 or 2 a week….

....and the heat ond other stuff !

X2.  It’s 74* here and I had the AC on in the truck…😎
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Fat Boy

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Mason-Dixon
« Reply #393 on: Jun 22, 2023, 12:27 PM »
  X2.  It’s 74* here and I had the AC on in the truck…😎
I think that they turn the heat on their trucks in Texas if it's 74.  :o

gotagetm

« Reply #394 on: Jun 22, 2023, 01:48 PM »

Well I retired early..July 1 of last year been down a bit with 2 spine surgeries knee surgery and 4 weeks ago shoulder surgery for torn tendons...I've been working arm getting back in shape still sore...but pulled lumber Mill out and went to a buddies and cut him some ash up...had him and his neighbor and his tractor helping ....I'm little slow right now but felt great to cut ...headed to Erie soon for afternoon...Have Mill will travel 😆

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #395 on: Jun 22, 2023, 06:03 PM »
That’s awesome Ben.. 👍👍👍👍
 Love that thing. I really need one…😎
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #396 on: Jul 04, 2023, 02:47 PM »
Spooky foggy morning mowing this morning.

If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #397 on: Jul 13, 2023, 09:59 AM »
Life on a golf course.
This happened today at my Son’s course.

Operator didn’t get hurt, thankfully, just wet. They got the rough mower out and it actually started. They limped it back to the shop for service.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

62 & Done

« Reply #398 on: Jul 13, 2023, 07:03 PM »
Scary thing right there  My father in law rolled his into the highway and was pinned under it  luckily ok, bruised and battered but ok

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #399 on: Jul 14, 2023, 11:34 AM »
Guess it was a slow slide in and the operator had time to bail. I’ve slid down some springtime slippery slopes, but always managed to stay out of the ponds. It’s a very uneasy feeling.

Not into dumping an $80k machine in the pond. Or me for that matter.

They put seatbelts on all these machines. Totally stupid. None of us use them. If you need to bail the last thing you want to do is fumble around trying to take a seatbelt off ..

When you’re under water.

jperch

« Reply #400 on: Jul 14, 2023, 12:14 PM »
I mow around a small pond and worry about muskrats tunneling underneath the side of the pond.  The idea of going into the pond and stuck underneath the mower is pretty scary.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #401 on: Jul 14, 2023, 12:39 PM »
Never flipped a tractor but put a fully stacked hay wagon on its side while my brother and cousin were on top.. 8)
 Good thing they were young enough to hit the ground and bounce..🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

62 & Done

« Reply #402 on: Jul 15, 2023, 08:52 AM »
I do some brush hogging of my own and for others.  I am always too close to the ditches for my own comfort. Gotta do what ya gotta do but sometimes wonder about my own decisions

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #403 on: Jul 17, 2023, 12:46 PM »
Weird Smokey morning again this summer.

Be glad when the Canucks get those fires  out.

Johnnh

« Reply #404 on: Jul 17, 2023, 02:49 PM »
Old lineman moment that we survived:
2 of us loaded about half a dozen 40' class 2 poles on a trailer and headed out to a pole replacement job near Lagrangeville, NY.  We got to one of those old crossings at the Taconic parkway and came to a stop. The guy i was with said to me " Didn't we bring the pole trailer?"
My answer was yes
He said "Well, we don't have it anymore"

That triggered a terrible feeling.

We turned around and found the trailer a ways back in a wooded area on the roadside and it sure made a mess.
We looked it over and the trailer was toast and a few of the poles didn't do well either. The cause was the pintle hitch mounting plate had broken and took the safety chains with it. Thankfully it was a vacant are with no houses.

We called our foreman on the radio and to say the least, he was not a happy camper.
We went back to the shop and picked up another digger line truck and trailer and spent the day winching the poles out of the woods, loaded everything on the truck and trailer and went back,to the shop.
A surprise to us was our foreman saw us roll into the yard and came out and actually smiled at us and told us he was glad noone got hurt

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.