FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Un-Retired …..Again!  (Read 43166 times)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Un-Retired …..Again!
« Reply #405 on: Jul 17, 2023, 04:00 PM »
Yikes….!
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

iceman260

« Reply #406 on: Jul 18, 2023, 06:37 AM »
That could have been disastrous, glad no one was hurt.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #407 on: Jul 18, 2023, 11:42 AM »
Meanwhile…..back at the golf course….had this bunny looking at me on my mower as if to say “what the hell is that?”

Sat there for a few minutes watching as I was emptying my mower buckets.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

62 & Done

« Reply #408 on: Jul 18, 2023, 02:17 PM »
Johnnh  good to know someone asked about his people before the equipment.  I spent 21 years on the highway dept and have seen a few scary things. The worst was following another vehicle across a thru-way bridge as it was towing a brush chipper. That too busted loose from the pintle hook when it hit a bump, did a 90* left turn and barrel rolled into the oncoming lane.
 Management were not happy but no one was hurt.

Also saw a 10 wheeler dump truck with the box up tied up into the power lines   That was a heart stopper  Our friends from NI-Mo saved our *ss  that day

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #409 on: Jul 21, 2023, 03:39 PM »
Had an audience this morning while mowing a tee.

This little fox (guy or gal) wandered up.the cart path, sat down and watched me mow the tee. Wasn’t 5 yards from me. When I was done it just got up and trotted away..

It was looking at me like it was thinking”what the hell is that,”

Pretty cool!

gotagetm

« Reply #410 on: Jul 21, 2023, 05:22 PM »
That's cool bob

fish/hunt4ever

« Reply #411 on: Jul 21, 2023, 09:56 PM »
Looks like it was hoping you would chase out some breakfast or maybe run over a goose so it could have some goose burger. Always fun seeing the wildlife.

iceman260

« Reply #412 on: Jul 22, 2023, 06:28 AM »
Just letting you know he ate the rabbit and he’s taking his place lol.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #413 on: Jul 22, 2023, 12:27 PM »
Heard a fox(assumably) get a rabbit last week. It was super quiet and still. Could hear the rabbit squealing for quite a while. I know the squeal. Used to hunt fox at night. That’s the call I used. Ruler single six…22 mag….with light(as needed)

Mac Attack

« Reply #414 on: Jul 22, 2023, 12:30 PM »
Nice little Pistola..............but it's a Ruger.   8)

Used to love varmint hunting.
I had a 22-250 and also a 6mm for the long range stuff.
But my Ruger M22 was my favorite for everything else.

My youngest son, Christopher, got all my guns a few years back when I stopped dear hunting.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #415 on: Jul 22, 2023, 01:14 PM »
Distance varmint gun was a 25-06 savage BVSS custom. Good to 400 yards. Night forces 12-42, 50 mm competition scope.

That was back when I worked in the gun shop. Been a long time since I put a bullet into anything.

fish/hunt4ever

« Reply #416 on: Jul 22, 2023, 03:04 PM »
Had a custom 25-06 and a Roger 25-06, that the wife still has, and shot a few deer and antelope, the best shot was the wife at over 600 on an antelope buck. Good gun, now have a 6.5 PRC that we are trying to get ready for elk this year, the daughter has a 6.5-284 that I have seen several things go down for her with I think the furthest one so far with that gun is a bull elk at 596 yards.

Glad the mowing and all is going good for you again this year always like seeing the updates.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #417 on: Jul 22, 2023, 08:22 PM »
Yeah it’s relaxing and I love looking in the surroundings. (If you can call it work) I know it’s just a golf course, but this one is pretty special. 1/2 is designated forever wild and just a natural wonder.

I get to see it 6 days a week….on a first hand basis. Great way for an old guy to keep busy. Those super quiet, calm mornings.
Wildlife all around who don’t seem to notice us. Not a person in sight.

My kind of  day.

iceman260

« Reply #418 on: Jul 23, 2023, 05:52 AM »
I used to hunt and trap all the time, probably 20 years since I have done any hunting or trapping. Used to love being in the woods. Know I just fish, most of the land I hunted is posted or new homes now. Everything changes and not for the better.

Mac Attack

« Reply #419 on: Jul 23, 2023, 08:57 AM »

Everything changes and not "ALWAYS" for the better.

;)

I only trapped for a few years as a young teen.
Wasn't very good at it.
 :laugh:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.