FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Stupid Daylight Savings Time  (Read 9779 times)

fish/hunt4ever

Re: Stupid Daylight Savings Time
« Reply #60 on: Mar 12, 2023, 08:48 PM »
Hopefully this will be the last time, my state passed tonstay on it a few years ago, they just put a stupid amendment of another adjoining state also had to do the same. So if the feds get it done it would be nice.

taxid

« Reply #61 on: Mar 13, 2023, 03:03 PM »
I grew up with constantly changing time twice a year and it didn't bother me. (I lived in a lot of different states as my dad was in the military.) But when it came back to Indiana when I was in my 50's I hated it!  :rotflol:
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

taxid

« Reply #62 on: Mar 15, 2023, 10:15 PM »
More on the subject from the WP. Sadly doesn't look good.

But the prospects for the Sunshine Protection Act remain dim: Neither chamber of Congress has a majority supporting the bill, and there is no clear consensus among voters. Key congressional leaders whose committees would need to review the bill remain publicly undecided. Opponents and sleep medicine experts, meanwhile, warn that when Congress actually succeeded in making daylight saving time permanent in the 1970s, it quickly and ignominiously blew up in their faces, forcing them to end the experiment 10 months later.

And after senators used a legislative maneuver last year to pass their bill with no debate or committee review — shocking many of their colleagues and the White House — wary congressional staff say they’re on alert to block such an effort this year.

Meanwhile, a review of daylight saving time policies by the Department of Transportation, which implements federal time zone rules, is not expected to be completed until year’s end; some undecided lawmakers said they planned to wait for that before making a decision on the Sunshine Protection Act.

The political logjam might be best encapsulated by Washington state, whose representatives control the two committees that oversee daylight saving time policy: Sen. Maria Cantwell (D), who leads the Senate Commerce Committee, and Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers (R), who leads the House Energy and Commerce Committee. While the Washington state legislature and governor have pushed for permanent daylight saving time, both Cantwell and McMorris Rodgers have declined to take a position, and their staffs were similarly noncommittal about whether the committees would bring the bill up for review.

“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #63 on: Mar 09, 2024, 03:31 PM »
Here we go again.

Stupid daylight saving time.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

filetandrelease

« Reply #64 on: Mar 09, 2024, 04:02 PM »
 Lots of people fuss over it , something we grew with,  I hope adjusting a few clocks won’t be to much of a strain
 I would like it to stop but I’m not freaking out over it 🤪
 To many other  things to really worry about in this country right now 😉

gotagetm

« Reply #65 on: Mar 09, 2024, 04:29 PM »
Yup for sure ..not a worry...I'm already adjusted hahaha love when people on like Wednesday say there still adjusting to the change ...hahaha

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #66 on: Mar 09, 2024, 04:32 PM »
Just keep it the way it is now.  Don’t change it..
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

taxid

« Reply #67 on: Mar 09, 2024, 04:40 PM »
I used to have enough trouble getting the year right on my checks the first month of the year.  Fortunately I no longer do checks!

My wife is on the ball and she keeps up with all this stuff. Me I keep the time the same in my vehicle all year so it's right part of the year!

fish wayniac

« Reply #68 on: Mar 09, 2024, 04:53 PM »
I don’t like the day light time change.
This native American quote nails it . 🥶

Mac Attack

« Reply #69 on: Mar 09, 2024, 05:08 PM »
Here we go again.

Stupid daylight saving time.

Don’t do it Bob.
Don’t succumb.

Live in your world.
Not theirs.

8)

taxid

« Reply #70 on: Mar 09, 2024, 07:28 PM »
Don’t do it Bob.
Don’t succumb.

Live in your world.
Not theirs.

8)

:rotflol:

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #71 on: Mar 11, 2024, 06:06 AM »
I don't freak out over this. Most clocks re-set themselves these days and yesterday morning when I got up the power was out so had to re-set the microwave any way....h2l

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #72 on: Mar 11, 2024, 07:55 AM »
I have no problem changing clocks. I just think it’s stupid to change times twice a year.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Mac Attack

« Reply #73 on: Mar 11, 2024, 09:52 AM »
I have no problem changing clocks. I just think it’s stupid to change times twice a year.

I agree with you Bob.
I never liked DST.
I like where the clocks are set for summer, not where they are required to be set for winter.
I never liked going to work in the dark and coming back home in the dark in the winter.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #74 on: Mar 11, 2024, 01:09 PM »
Yeah, the rest of the universe doesn’t know that time just changed. Because some dummy decided it should…..TWICE A YEAR!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.