FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: What am I doing wrong?  (Read 2808 times)

Dispy

Re: What am I doing wrong?
« Reply #15 on: Jun 18, 2013, 03:22 PM »
Thanks everyone for all the help. I can't wait to get a chance to try all these tips. Has anyone targeted crayfish with any success?
Hot dogs work best ;)
"Meet the new with your ears, eyes and mind wide open, and your mouth tightly shut."

Fisherm@n

« Reply #16 on: Jun 18, 2013, 03:25 PM »
Really? Just like ballpark ones?

Dispy

« Reply #17 on: Jun 18, 2013, 03:25 PM »
Any ole frank will work :)
"Meet the new with your ears, eyes and mind wide open, and your mouth tightly shut."

Fisherm@n

« Reply #18 on: Jun 18, 2013, 03:42 PM »
Awesome thanks again

deerhunter

« Reply #19 on: Jun 18, 2013, 05:46 PM »
if theres any industrial parks with ponds or gravel pit ponds in your area.. check em out . they may have bait. beaver dams always hold bait.

Browntroutboy

« Reply #20 on: Jun 19, 2013, 08:22 PM »
Hot dogs and cool ranch doritos work really well, and you wanna talk about an oil slick!  :o :o

Fishermantim

• I go where the water takes me!
« Reply #21 on: Jun 20, 2013, 11:59 AM »
You can test out whatever bait you want to get the best results, but the bottom line is LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION!!!
Scout out different water holes to see if there are baitfish present.
You don't want to keep wasting time trapping in a dead pond, so a little research can go a long way!

If you are looking for bait for use now, and it's legal in your state, try targeting various bait fish.
I will use small sunfish as bait for bass and pickerel and the ponds I fish are loaded so the supply is always available.

Check your state regs to see if you can target other "baitfish" options.
"God is playing to an audience that's afraid to laugh" (George Burns from "Oh, GOD")

"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - The Existential Blues

Fisherm@n

« Reply #22 on: Jun 20, 2013, 02:55 PM »
You can test out whatever bait you want to get the best results, but the bottom line is LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION!!!
You don't want to keep wasting time trapping in a dead pond, so a little research can go a long way!

If you are looking for bait for use now, and it's legal in your state, try targeting various bait fish.
I will use small sunfish as bait for bass and pickerel and the ponds I fish are loaded so the supply is always available.

Thank you. I just found a nice beaver pond with some streams and I've lots of different types of minnows in there. I put out three traps with bread this morning and I pulled them at 230 but they where empty. Thinking about it now I'm thinking I put my traps in a bad spot. I put two of them on the dam side of the pond so it was just mud and the other one I put in the stream part farther down in a bit of slack water. Do you have any suggestions for me? I'm thinking I need to be on the other side of the pond in the grass. But it is kinda strange cuz I did see minnows near my traps but nothing would go in. I'm using black frabil traps. Thanks in advance

Dispy

« Reply #23 on: Jun 20, 2013, 07:01 PM »

NO SPINY FISH in NH :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.