The Fisherman's Wharf > Camping

Favorite place to camp?

(1/12) > >>

archbishop:
where is everyones favorite place to camp?
is it in a park somewhere, private property or a little secret hideaway?

mine is in a spot not far from home, it has good small game hunting but no fishing :'( however its not to far from home and is quit and peaceful and very scenic :tipup:

Skipper:
On the shores of Gichiegoomie in the land of sky blue waters. ;D

I love the north shore of Lake Superior, especially in the fall after all the tourists go home. You can go a long way up the Gunflint Trail from Grand Marais, it is complete unspoiled wilderness.

Also, I used to camp just north of my house in all the state forests and game refuges. When you get about five miles north of me, there is a LOAD of state and county land open for public use. I don't camp up there so much anymore because the only reason I did in the first place was to get a little privacy, ;) ahem, I am married with my own house now.

scansy:

--- Quote from: Skipper on Aug 27, 2006, 12:08 AM ---Also, I used to camp just north of my house in all the state forests and game refuges. When you get about five miles north of me, there is a LOAD of state and county land open for public use. I don't camp up there so much anymore because the only reason I did in the first place was to get a little privacy, ;) ahem, I am married with my own house now.

--- End quote ---

HA.  I think we have all camped for that reason!  Also, when I was at Penn State, my family's camp was only about an hour and a half away.  Drove there many times with girlfriends to get a little privacy. ;D

devil-man:

--- Quote from: archbishop on Aug 26, 2006, 11:44 PM ---mine is in a spot not far from home, it has good small game hunting but no fishing :'( however its not to far from home and is quit and peaceful and very scenic :tipup:

--- End quote ---

Are you trying to be a poet again?  :-*
The ADKs for me! Period.  8)

pikeon:
Woodsteam CG in Gainsville, NY. The East Koy runs through the middle of the CG and Silver lake is 10 munutes away. A great variety of fishing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version