FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Best Day in a While  (Read 632 times)

bogtrotter

Best Day in a While
« on: Aug 19, 2022, 01:07 PM »
My wife and I just got back last night from a three-day road trip in and around Worcester County.

I'm probably the least artsy guy in the world but I gotta say I was blown away by the variety and quality of the stuff at the Worcester Art Museum.

Any way, having gone cold turkey for the past several days, I thought I'd seize the opportunity (since I'm still on vacation) to go fishing on the South Hoosic in Adams from 11 AM to 1 PM today.

It was sunny and the temps were 75 to 80 degrees from when I started to when I finished.

Although water levels were still a lot lower than I would prefer - - we still need a lot more rain than the short-lived cloud bursts that we've been getting - - I was favorably impressed by how well the trout seem to be holding over.

During my two hour jaunt on the stream, I ended up playing tug-of-war with about a dozen fish (including a 10" brown that got away, darn it), and landing ten 12" to 15" rainbows, spread out over a a half dozen spots along a 1/2 mile long stretch of the river.

taxid

Re: Best Day in a While
« Reply #1 on: Aug 19, 2022, 01:18 PM »
Any idea what the water temp was? I'm curious as I use a small flow in a pond to keep water temps low enough summer for trout.  It's surprising how little it takes if there is plenty of shade cover.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

lowaccord66

« Reply #2 on: Aug 19, 2022, 01:23 PM »
Nice work Jim!  Sounds like a good outing.

bogtrotter

« Reply #3 on: Aug 19, 2022, 02:33 PM »
Any idea what the water temp was? I'm curious as I use a small flow in a pond to keep water temps low enough summer for trout.  It's surprising how little it takes if there is plenty of shade cover.

Sorry, Taxid, I wish I knew.

Years ago, I used to carry a thermometer with me - - but after a while I noticed the readings were way off, and then it broke and I didn't bother to get a new one - - so I have no idea what the temperatures are on the streams I'm fishing (beyond whether they feel warm, tepid, cool and frigid).

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.