FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Flatties  (Read 1099 times)

lowaccord66

Flatties
« on: Aug 20, 2022, 09:53 PM »
Some good times with my daughter today.  Got to the marina around 11.  Was greated by two aux coast guard members who asked if they could board to do an inspection right at my dock.  Passed with flying colors and got my decal.  Only downside was I was I literally melted while they went through stuff because there was zero wind. 

Ran for 45 miles or so and picked away.  Took a couple over 20" for the table.

Tons of life out there now.  Averi got lucky and saw dozens of pods of dolphins, some were breaching all the way out of the water.  I told her some may follow the boat but it didnt happen this time.

Tuna ridge had 130 boats or so on it...which is not uncommon.  Apparently the life (whales, dolphins ect) moved south and the yellowfin did too! 

stripernut

Re: Flatties
« Reply #1 on: Aug 20, 2022, 10:48 PM »
Quality time!

bogtrotter

« Reply #2 on: Aug 21, 2022, 05:27 AM »
Sounds like a great trip.

Seeing all those dolphins must have been cool.

Those flounder (?) (now you can see why I don't comment on salt water threads very often) look like they must have given you a great fight.

And your daughter certainly has grown since the last time I saw her around (what has it been?) two or three years ago.

zwiggles

« Reply #3 on: Aug 21, 2022, 07:19 AM »
Sweet! Sounds like a solid day!

lowaccord66

« Reply #4 on: Aug 21, 2022, 07:57 AM »
Sounds like a great trip.

Seeing all those dolphins must have been cool.

Those flounder (?) (now you can see why I don't comment on salt water threads very often) look like they must have given you a great fight.

And your daughter certainly has grown since the last time I saw her around (what has it been?) two or three years ago.

The fluke are definetly underrated fighters.  Can totally understand why people enjoy chasing them.

It has been a couple years.  Averi is 10 now and its amazing how well she can hang.  Id prefer to go offshore with her vs most of the guys I fish with.  She never turns green! 

Steve H.

« Reply #5 on: Aug 22, 2022, 07:14 AM »
Nice!  You're very fortunate to have a daughter who loves to fish.  Great memories in the making.
It is understood that fishing licenses, gas, bait, etc., all cost money, but try not to let a limit of trout be your only gauge for success. – Ben Nugent, (NH F&G) Regional Fisheries Biologist

Bartman44

« Reply #6 on: Aug 23, 2022, 07:22 AM »
Some good times with my daughter today.  Got to the marina around 11.  Was greated by two aux coast guard members who asked if they could board to do an inspection right at my dock.  Passed with flying colors and got my decal.  Only downside was I was I literally melted while they went through stuff because there was zero wind. 

Ran for 45 miles or so and picked away.  Took a couple over 20" for the table.

Tons of life out there now.  Averi got lucky and saw dozens of pods of dolphins, some were breaching all the way out of the water.  I told her some may follow the boat but it didnt happen this time.

Tuna ridge had 130 boats or so on it...which is not uncommon.  Apparently the life (whales, dolphins ect) moved south and the yellowfin did too!

Nice trip, glad you and your daughter get to share your experiences.  The whales (and hundreds of dolphins) were at the Gully Sunday morning putting on a feed show. Doesn't matter how old you are, watching nature at work is a thrill.  The white-sided dolpin are the boat followers and they were playing with us all morning.

lowaccord66

« Reply #7 on: Aug 23, 2022, 08:49 AM »
Thanks Bart.  Great pics! 

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #8 on: Aug 23, 2022, 11:19 AM »
Nice! I plan to work the Gully thursday in hopes for some tuna.
Wicked Wec

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.