FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Rare catch  (Read 989 times)

lowaccord66

Rare catch
« on: Sep 07, 2023, 06:32 PM »
Wasnt feeling work yesterday so bailed and went north for lakers.  I swear they bite best on weekdays!  Me and a friend nailed them all day.  Biggest were around 35".  We lost count around 1030am

Also nailed a fat whitefish.  He zoomed in, chased the jig down and then sucked it up off the bottom!

Not bad for 8 hrs of driving in a day.

bogtrotter

Re: Rare catch
« Reply #1 on: Sep 07, 2023, 09:50 PM »
Pretty neat!

I've heard of people catching white fish out west in places like Montana, but never "down east" here in New England/New York.

stripernut

« Reply #2 on: Sep 08, 2023, 05:41 AM »
True about weekdays, they say that catch rates even go up offshore at the Canyons during the week and down during the weekend... Nice catch!

westernmas

« Reply #3 on: Sep 08, 2023, 09:12 AM »
Cool catch.  You've got them dialed in for sure.
AKA-PMaloney86 on the shanty
AKA-westernm@$$hole prior to a mod change
Instagram @Patsquatch413

lowaccord66

« Reply #4 on: Sep 08, 2023, 11:12 AM »
Theres a few weeks left to really slay them before the lake flips.  Then they will stage for the spawn and once they are spawning its very frustrating.  You can mark thousands and get a couple. 

Steve H.

« Reply #5 on: Sep 08, 2023, 06:39 PM »
Nice whitefish Jon.  Thanks for posting, always cool to see one of those unicorns.  Congrats!!
It is understood that fishing licenses, gas, bait, etc., all cost money, but try not to let a limit of trout be your only gauge for success. – Ben Nugent, (NH F&G) Regional Fisheries Biologist

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.