FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Quabbin Boat Ramps Closed  (Read 5086 times)

stripernut

Quabbin Boat Ramps Closed
« on: May 06, 2020, 10:08 AM »
Till further notice, in case you had not seen one the State web site... Fingers crossed for the fall...

taxid

Re: Quabbin Boat Ramps Closed
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2020, 10:23 AM »
Sorry to hear that.  :(  You can still bank fish though right?

“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

lowaccord66

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2020, 10:25 AM »
Fully rigged quabbin boat for sale!  19'6 8' beam 25hp 4 stroke Suzuki, ipilot, top speed of 9.6mph!

Baitbucket

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2020, 11:59 AM »
Fully rigged quabbin boat for sale!  19'6 8' beam 25hp 4 stroke Suzuki, ipilot, top speed of 9.6mph!

To slow, sorry   :P

Baitbucket

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2020, 12:05 PM »
Till further notice, in case you had not seen one the State web site... Fingers crossed for the fall...

ALOT of chatter about this being an attempt to eliminate boat fishing all together at Quabbin. Sounds like a bunch of conspiracy theory bs at this point.

200fisher

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2020, 12:17 PM »

Been hearing that for years and years and years...
“Half the people I know are below average"  -Steven Wright

stripernut

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2020, 12:31 PM »
When the land was taken for the Quabbin, part of the deal was the descendent would be able to fish and hunt the land (we are all descendants). Over the years it has gotten harder to find that information. Every time something like this comes up there is talk about it being an excuse to shut it down for good. I think this is what happens we are all worried that someday it could happen. Even when it is not supposed to, just ask an American Indian about promises kept...
I think we might lose a season, but I don't see how this could be used to close it permanently. 

SalmonAndStriper Stalker

• landlocked salmon,stripers,lake trout,trout,bass
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2020, 12:38 PM »
well looks like I wont miss anything. boat in in the shop for a couple weeks.

westernmas

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2020, 03:14 PM »
Of all the things they could allow, its fishing in a giant watershed for people who meet specific requirements.  The guys working the gate don't even have to interact with the boat owners to take the seal off/on.  It'd allow people a recreational activity that has built in social distancing, provide people a pay check, and allow the state to get a few bucks for parking passes.  Everything is so black and white in politics.  Like pro-gun democrat is just not allowed.
AKA-PMaloney86 on the shanty
AKA-westernm@$$hole prior to a mod change
Instagram @Patsquatch413

lowaccord66

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2020, 04:16 PM »
I like quabbin a lot and would be slightly miffed if they closed it...but honestly for me its 1 extra hour in the car to hit lakes in NY that are public and fish much better than quabbin.  If it happened ill take the 25 off put a 115 on and head to ontario, champlain, LG, ect. 

The Jigger

• Member of the G.O.D.S.
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2020, 06:25 PM »
I like quabbin a lot and would be slightly miffed if they closed it...but honestly for me its 1 extra hour in the car to hit lakes in NY that are public and fish much better than quabbin.  If it happened ill take the 25 off put a 115 on and head to ontario, champlain, LG, ect.

Sounds like a good plan Jon. :thumbup_smilie:

fishsluggos

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2020, 06:47 PM »
ALOT of chatter about this being an attempt to eliminate boat fishing all together at Quabbin. Sounds like a bunch of conspiracy theory bs at this point.

Hi Will,

Not BS. Actually that was the plan in 2018 until word got out and PO'd some people at F&W. And then the meeting had a full house.  You can ask Rodney Flagg for the details.

https://www.masslive.com/news/2018/04/states_recreation_commissioner.html

https://www.telegram.com/news/20180402/talk-of-quabbin-access-restrictions-meets-resistance-from-hunters-anglers

lowaccord66

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2020, 07:34 PM »
Hi Will,

Not BS. Actually that was the plan in 2018 until word got out and PO'd some people at F&W. And then the meeting had a full house.  You can ask Rodney Flagg for the details.

https://www.masslive.com/news/2018/04/states_recreation_commissioner.html

https://www.telegram.com/news/20180402/talk-of-quabbin-access-restrictions-meets-resistance-from-hunters-anglers

I remember that Sully.  Thankfully there are some good people in government that apparently represent people who really appreciate quabbin.

james1981

« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2020, 08:21 AM »

For local guys within a 10 to 30 mins it is awesome to have this resource open. I don't believe that this resource will be closed in the near future. The push for restricting access was for hunting quabbin park. But who knows, fewer and fewer guys just give up because of the restrictions.

But there lies the fact that a lot of local guys haven't really explored the lakes in NY, NH or ME.  I took a trip up on vacation to Lake Placid area that place is amazing as a scouting trip to bring boat up there.  Maine and NH put boat in rent campsite fish all week and have water access fishing for lakers, smallies and salmon. There are plenty of places to go just not a lot of people willing to drive.  Nubanusett lake, Hp restrictions and overall held yearly records for Lakers some giants in there 45 mins or so from quabbin.  Boat in fishing and camping near there too with portage. There are so many options just not alot of people willing to wake up and drive. Or hike Some of the best brookie fishing in new england is in the white mountains more than 3 miles in.

stripernut

« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2020, 08:56 AM »
I lived in NH and still ice fish often "up there" often. I don't own a Quabbin boat, but my buddy and I talked about cutting the tag and fishing some of the waters you have talked about, but that is not up to me. As for lake Ontario, I keep thinking of making a run "out there" with my boat, but it is a shorter run to the salt for me, and being offshore is hard to beat... The Q was promised to us when they took the land and I hope they keep their end of the bargain... Besides not many places you can go and motor all day and not see a single house or camp onshore...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.