FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Quabbin Boat Ramps Closed  (Read 5088 times)

Baitbucket

Re: Quabbin Boat Ramps Closed
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2020, 07:53 PM »
If you do, get the ice kit, then buy the boat mounting kit for 160.00 then you have it for all season use.

That was my plan. I had my finger on the trigger last black friday when i could have got the head unit for 50% off and the new panoptix for 25% off for a total of about 1500$. But i didnt do it... Garmins lack of trolling motor integration was my deciding factor. I refuse to run two different units because one company is slow to catch up. Ill most likely wait till humminbird has a similar tech or garmin catches up to the times.

zwiggles

« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2020, 10:14 PM »
Have you looked at a smart phone linked tech/device to control the trolling motor?

lowaccord66

« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2020, 07:09 AM »
That was my plan. I had my finger on the trigger last black friday when i could have got the head unit for 50% off and the new panoptix for 25% off for a total of about 1500$. But i didnt do it... Garmins lack of trolling motor integration was my deciding factor. I refuse to run two different units because one company is slow to catch up. Ill most likely wait till humminbird has a similar tech or garmin catches up to the times.

I hear ya.  When I bought the new boat we literally kicked the lowrance off the bow as it was old and crappy.  I am somewhat bugged by the trolling motor debacle but thats minnkota fault not garmins. 

If we get out there together and you see 6 individual lakers chasing in circles (its actually what they do) you may change your mind!

The mount in the ice kit goes on the trolling motor shaft nicely.  Ill set it up tomorrow and take some pics.

lowaccord66

« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2020, 07:11 AM »
Have you looked at a smart phone linked tech/device to control the trolling motor?

Not sure about Will but I have a foot peddle (that I dont use) and a remote for the ipilot.

Baitbucket

« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2020, 08:27 AM »
Not sure about Will but I have a foot peddle (that I dont use) and a remote for the ipilot.

Same here, i use the remote. But having the link to my fish finder/chartplotter is to awesome to give up.

zwiggles

« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2020, 08:37 AM »
Check this product out: https://pronavmarine.com/

It’s a pretty slick design especially for any of the older trolling motors.

SalmonAndStriper Stalker

• landlocked salmon,stripers,lake trout,trout,bass
« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2020, 04:57 PM »
That panoptix will be awesome for sure. Im still tossing around the idea of getting one. I wish garmin would get caught up with the other manufacturers and get a linkable trolling motor..
garmin does have a likable trolling motor that came out last year

Baitbucket

« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2020, 05:57 PM »
garmin does have a likable trolling motor that came out last year

Arent they like $3000?

SalmonAndStriper Stalker

• landlocked salmon,stripers,lake trout,trout,bass
« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2020, 06:47 PM »
Arent they like $3000?
I believe so. it was costly when I was looking.

fishsluggos

« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2020, 06:55 PM »
That panoptix will be awesome for sure. Im still tossing around the idea of getting one. I wish garmin would get caught up with the other manufacturers and get a linkable trolling motor..

I believe the conundrum arises as Johnson Outdoors is the parent company of Humminbird, Cannon, Lake Master and Minn Kota. And they act with the same lord master mentality as Microsoft, Google, Apple etc...

It's just a matter of time before they offer the same technology integration for a steep price.   

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.