FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Take a kid fishing?  (Read 2012 times)

ZeroGravity

Take a kid fishing?
« on: Mar 21, 2012, 01:45 PM »
I was just approached by a coworker...  She has a 5 year old son who wants to go fishing this summer.  She and the boys father have little to no experience when it comes to the out of doors and fishing....

I was curious if the MFF population can point me to any "Take a kid fishing" programs in the Portland area?  Ideally something that would cater to taking the boy and his dad fishing.

I advised her that I might be able to help them out at some point, but I have a lot of plans set for the next couple of seasons......

Any feedback is appreciated...

- ZG -

canoeist

Re: Take a kid fishing?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 21, 2012, 01:58 PM »
Don't know of any of the local progams, South Berwick Rod and Gun Club sets something up every year.

But I would say Hinkcley Pond South Portland with worms and a bobber, easy and fun and usually the kids can at least get a few sunfish.

warbonnett

« Reply #2 on: Mar 21, 2012, 02:32 PM »
    :clapping: What ever you do, make sure that the kids will catch some fish ! It doesn't matter what kind, as long as it's a fish and doesn't  take to long .

warbonnett

ZeroGravity

« Reply #3 on: Mar 21, 2012, 04:38 PM »
    :clapping: What ever you do, make sure that the kids will catch some fish ! It doesn't matter what kind, as long as it's a fish and doesn't  take to long .

warbonnett

I totally agree with you on that point....  Kid catches anything, he will most likely be hooked for life!

Have an awesome day!

- ZG -

bugman1964

« Reply #4 on: Mar 21, 2012, 06:47 PM »
many of the rod and gun clubs and local recreation depts start having fishing derbies late April/early May. Auburn and Hollis come to mind. Simple set ups with hooks worms and bobber will do the trick. Give them a quick lesson and send them on their way to the kids derbies.

saltyshores

« Reply #5 on: Mar 21, 2012, 07:18 PM »
I totally agree with you on that point....  Kid catches anything, he will most likely be hooked for life!

- ZG -

X2 on hooked for life. My first fishing trip as a young kid only yielded a view of one brook trout in a stream charging at my worm and spinner and hitting the spinner blade, then spooking, so  I didn't catch anything, but I was hooked to go back every chance I had for a lifetime.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.