MyFishFinder Canada > British Columbia

4 inches of ice near shore. (dancing banana)

(1/2) > >>

tigrr:
The mealworm farm is brimming.  Come on cold weather.  I want to can some smoked fish to see how they taste.  Hunting this fall I have seen fish jumping on some of the small lakes around me.  Guess they didn't have a winter kill there.  Some small lakes have hot springs that flow year round into the lake, keeping the fish alive.  
10 feet from shore the ice is 2 inches thick!!  Think light thoughts. :thumbup_smilie:

tigrr:
Grrr now we have 5 inches of snow on top of my 3 inches of ice

Mac Attack:

--- Quote from: tigrr on Nov 24, 2014, 05:32 PM ---Grrr now we have 5 inches of snow on top of my 3 inches of ice

--- End quote ---

With any luck it will melt and you can take out a boat.

tigrr:
Overnight temperatures predicted for Friday night is -27(-18F) and Sat night is -29 Celsius(-20F).  No melting will take place here.  In fact -20C lows for 5 nights.  Wish the snow would blow off and then the cold temperatures could make more ice.

tigrr:
Ice tested and good to go out about 50 feet.  There is 2 inches of ice, then 3 inches of slush and another 4 inches of ice.  Rotten snow sunk the ice down but it sunk enough to freeze the water slush on the top.  Meal worms are going to die tomorrow.  Maybe just from freezing water but they are going to die.

Update the warmer temps made the top ice thinner and freaked me out when I started breaking through.  The underlying slush eroded the top layer from 3+ inches to 1 or less by the afternoon.  Started snowing and didn't get any bites.  3 inches of new snow now on top of the other layers.  May be a while before I try that again.  LIG  2 - 4X8 sheets of plywood as snow shoes and I might give it another go!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version