FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: off topic...bruins  (Read 10156 times)

knurren

• What of it?!
Re: off topic...bruins
« Reply #75 on: May 13, 2009, 09:00 AM »
You're killing me! lol

They'll be on sale in 1 hour.
Live free or die trying.

jibbs

« Reply #76 on: May 13, 2009, 09:57 AM »
go on in 3 minutes
Chuck Norris sorts his clothes in three loads.....whites, colors, and blood stains

jibbs

« Reply #77 on: May 13, 2009, 10:13 AM »
no way....phones are tied up and the computer is as slow as rich gedman
Chuck Norris sorts his clothes in three loads.....whites, colors, and blood stains

knurren

• What of it?!
« Reply #78 on: May 13, 2009, 11:04 AM »
lol, I didn't even try.  I thought about it but would rather spend the money on a nice GPS and beer to drink while I watch from home.  As I said though, I intend on catching a game next year and will try for the first Hurricanes/Bruins game if they are at home.  Hell... even if they're away, it might be a nice little 3 day vacation.  I'm pretty sure that one is just going to open up with a big fist fight.
Live free or die trying.

jibbs

« Reply #79 on: May 13, 2009, 08:04 PM »
i tried all day.......the cheapest i could get was 300 for two and they were up in the balcony, which would be fine when it comes to seating purposes....i like sitting up top, because you can see the whole play develop......plus that's where the action is and where you find the true bruin fans ......i also could get some cheaper standing room only tickets up in the promenade, but i decided to save my money and watch it at home......i hate to say it, but don't underestimate carolina in game 7's......they play tough.....i think they showed their abilities in this series......besides the cheap shot..... i have gained some respect for the hurrincanes.....lots of speed and a great forecheck.....however, i can't stand staal for some reason.....loves to instigate, but will not pull the trigger.....however, as a bruins fan i like their chances at home......thank goodness its not in carolina......that place can really rock when carolina is putting on the pressure.......i bet the garden will be at full throat tomorrow.....go b's

knurren

• What of it?!
« Reply #80 on: May 14, 2009, 05:33 AM »
I don't have any more respect for Carolina than I did at the beginning of the series.  The bruins really could have put this series away early if they decided to.  I don't think Carolina took them off their game as much as I think the Bruins took themselves off their game allowing Carolina to look good in comparison.

Sure, Carolina will play hard, but if the Bruins show up like they did in game 1, 5, and 6... there is no reason they can't pull off another 4 to 1 victory.  The Bruins are just a better team and hopefully the home ice persuades them to show it now.  It's up to the Bruins to show up and play.  I give the B's an 80% chance to make history tonight by being the first Bruins team to come back from being down 3 games to 1.  They've been in the position plenty of times before but have never pulled it off.

One thing I learned from one of the older guys at work about the Bruins, is if you notice Carolina misshandling the puck, it's a sure sign that the Bruins are playing physical and are keeping Carolina's attention split between puck handling and getting hit.   
Live free or die trying.

Mikey

« Reply #81 on: May 14, 2009, 06:24 AM »
Fun to hear people pumped up again about the B's, I like this team and coach.Was hoping one or both B's and C's would still be in it during the derby.Tournament hockey, b-ball and fishing not too shabby.I remember goin to game 7 in Hartford in about 88-89 we painted ou faces and got on the news.Face value was $40.Fishing with the kid who got the tickets I'm sure that story will come up. Enjoy, Mike.

jiffy man

« Reply #82 on: May 14, 2009, 07:56 AM »
One thing I learned from one of the older guys at work about the Bruins, is if you notice Carolina misshandling the puck, it's a sure sign that the Bruins are playing physical and are keeping Carolina's attention split between puck handling and getting hit.   

That's exactly what they did to Montreal. It's how they played the whole season. I love it! It makes for great Bruins hockey. This team has been so boring to watch for such a long time. I used to call them the "dump-in" Bruins. That's all they did...dump in, dump in, dump in....and get scored on. Didn't seem to matter where they got possession, they would dump the puck into the offensive zone. Looked like they were always going for a change.

I hope they can stick to their game plan tonight!

jiffy man

« Reply #83 on: May 15, 2009, 05:07 AM »
Ugh! I think I might throw up. I deliberately went to bed before OT started. I knew I would never sleep if they lost. I'm glad I did.

I hope, if they can hold this team together, that they learned something about discipline and consistency. You have to stay on your game, every game when you're in the playoffs. There was a lot of really bad decision making last night.

I will say though, the third period was some pretty darn good hockey to watch.

Maybe next year. Awful hard to predict though, with the new NHL, salary caps, and all.

knurren

• What of it?!
« Reply #84 on: May 15, 2009, 05:37 AM »
They took the 2nd period off again.  ::)  Now their vacations can start early.  What a disappointment... only 3 players really seemed to show up to play last night.  Lucic, Ward, and Thomas.  Those odd man rushes were ridiculous and if the Bruins played like they did last night against Detroit, there wouldn't have been any OT at all.
Live free or die trying.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.