FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: High water catch  (Read 745 times)

bigr

High water catch
« on: Mar 31, 2021, 05:39 AM »
Just because the rivers are running high and muddy doesn't mean fish cant be had. This time of year check out the creek mouths and slack areas for prespawn fish. They are getting in position to spawn and are on the move everyday. Fished the muddy and high Wabash yesterday and did very well in a area just a few feet upstream where just a couple days before the bite had ended because the water had dropped some. Had the place to myself. Fish just repositioned but the fishermen didn't. Learning to read the water takes some time but if you slow down and put the effort in you'll find fish. The next week will really get all species going. Lakes, rivers, ponds. The area I fished was just east of the town of largo where the Sally and Wabash meet. A very popular spot in the spring.     

techja

Re: High water catch
« Reply #1 on: Mar 31, 2021, 07:30 PM »
After reading your post I went out fishing today despite the high muddy water and wind and caught a limit of 9.5 to 12 inch crappie on jigs at missy reservoir/river. Areas where I had only been catching small white bass the last few times I was out looking for crappie.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.