FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Delta lake above Rome  (Read 1699 times)

bluegoose

Delta lake above Rome
« on: Jul 05, 2019, 09:06 PM »
I will be camping for a week on Delta lake. I have never been there and am coming from Buffalo area. What kind of fish are in the lake and what could I except to catch. Would like to shorten the learning curve if possible. Thanks for any replies. ;D

Dug1898

Re: Delta lake above Rome
« Reply #1 on: Jul 05, 2019, 10:04 PM »
Delta Lake - NYS Dept. of Environmental Conservation

It's not first hand info; but I hope it helps a bit bluegoose.
There's never been a better time to Stand Up for your First and Second Ammendment Rights than right now. 
Please join the NRA. They're my political voice.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2 on: Jul 06, 2019, 04:50 AM »
Delta has it all.  Great bass, walleye, perch and some big northerns.   Find a contour map and keep it with you.   And watch out for the rocks and stumps... ;)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

bluegoose

« Reply #3 on: Jul 06, 2019, 08:07 AM »
Thank you for the response.

wallyworld

« Reply #4 on: Jul 06, 2019, 08:10 AM »
If you're going to be trolling be careful, the depth changes quickly out there  ;)

piscesman

« Reply #5 on: Jul 11, 2019, 05:20 AM »
Wife and I stayed there last August. 1st time. We took the kayaks and just scouted using contour map and watching other fisherman. I had several short walleyes and she caught a 21"er. Pan fish and perch also. Only went to the car top launch side. Never went to the boat launch side. Too far to paddle.
      Kim

By the Way if you need fishing supplies go to RUNNINGS on the west side of town. You will not be disappointed. Several good restaurants there also. Good Luck.
While searching for the meaning of life an older gentleman showed me how to fish. Since then I FOUND IT!!!!!!
      author unknown

bluegoose

« Reply #6 on: Jul 13, 2019, 06:58 AM »
Just got back. We had great weather and both kids loved the fishing.  Only had canoe and kayak this trip. Caught sunnies, big rock bass and some smallmouth. My one daughter hooked a monster but we never got to see the fish before we. Lost it. It was pulling the canoe and heading for deep water by the dam. Thanks for all the replies and yes that Running is awesome!!!

wallyworld

« Reply #7 on: Jul 13, 2019, 07:07 AM »
Sounds like a fun time, glad it worked out well for you  :clapping: :thumbup_smilie:

filetandrelease

« Reply #8 on: Jul 13, 2019, 07:31 AM »

Blue goose sounds like everyone had fun , 👍

piscesman

« Reply #9 on: Jul 16, 2019, 07:28 PM »
Sounds like you want to come back for more................
      Kim 8)
While searching for the meaning of life an older gentleman showed me how to fish. Since then I FOUND IT!!!!!!
      author unknown

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.