FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Sandy Pond Perch  (Read 7564 times)

jboggey

• Too Old To Be Good
Sandy Pond Perch
« on: Nov 15, 2017, 06:00 AM »

Yo Guys & Gals,

While the topic is Sandy Pond perch, I could interject any geographic area in this topic. While we had to stay off the pond in the spring and early summer due to flooding conditions,, my grand daughter and I did get out just after the ice in the little Otter Stealth and brought home a pail full. Later in the summer, my bud Chuck and I got out and nearly limited both times. Those being my only three trips to the pond this year, I would adjudge it to have been good fishing. As I implied, it was a good perch year for me , not early, but mid summer on I managed to find the perch cache's in places like Chaumont, Kring's ,Oneida , on the north shore, Port Bay Cayuga out of Frontenac Park and late season , Fair Haven.  Further , I got to fish with a lot of my old buds , family members and a few new fishing partners. Old Timer blessed me with a trip out on Oneida where he skunked me on the eyes. Tommy Boy and I only got out once this summer , but I imagine we will make it up during ice season. Hacket and Jperch also joined me for the perch fishing. Teri and Sandy, 2 of my female fishing buddies kept me humble as well.

I had to put up the Larson I/O this last week so that leaves me wading or using the "Stealth" in calm waters. This is all as it should be, after all hunting has crept into my everyday jargon now. Been out up north. Seen some tails flittering away as I walked into my stand, but nothing to shoot at. I am looking forward to South opening as I have been tracking a lot of signs behind the house in close proximity to the stand. Got my fingers crossed. Got skunked the last 2 years and have had to accept the charity of my sharp eyed friends. Haha. Unless I get a deer or a record walleye this fall, I guess this will be my sign off for the season. I will most assuredly be sitting somewhere around the "honey hole" or the rock pile this winter on the pond. If you hear someone crooning an oldy, it will most likely be me.  Hope to see you all next spring.

Boggey

FISHFORPIKE

• Phil
Re: Sandy Pond Perch
« Reply #1 on: Nov 15, 2017, 07:44 AM »
Boggey - You stay in touch for the coming ice season.  :P  Maybe we can do some Crappie.  :-X 8) In just a few short weeks.  ;)
Member - Black Lake Hooks & Bullets Crowd

chrony59

« Reply #2 on: Nov 16, 2017, 04:49 AM »
Yo Boggey,
If you had mentioned our outing on Oneida in your report I might have been able to help you with some Venison ! It has been a very good bow season for me  8) Looking forward to some ice adventures with you this year  ;) talk to you soon

reeleyz

« Reply #3 on: Nov 16, 2017, 04:38 PM »
Good luck in the woods this weekend.

jboggey

• Too Old To Be Good
« Reply #4 on: Nov 21, 2017, 03:59 AM »
Yo Perry,

How did I forget to mention you ?  You are my most memorable fishing pard. I guess i have to chalk it up to Alzheimer's eh?
We definitely will hit the ice together this winter especially if you invite me out west to your favorite pond.

Yo Bruce, Nice Deer. Glad you had some help .  I am still awaiting my venison package to come romping down the trail by my stand. Sometime during the day a nice set of tracks meandered directly under my stand in the newly fallen snow. Unfortunately, I was not in the stand at the time. I too am hunting right behind the homestead with hopes of a short drag to the house. Keep up the good work. Hope to see you and the little big man on the ice this year. 

chrony59

« Reply #5 on: Nov 21, 2017, 04:45 AM »
Hey Boggey,
The luck continues as I took a nice 8 point Saturday at 3:00 PM  ;)  I'm hearing rumor they are catching nice Perch at my favorite little pond which is a great sign for the upcoming ice season ! I will be making a few trips up to your pond this year as well as Chaumont Bay  8)
My Little Louis is growing like a weed ............. being a Grandpa is the best !!!
Have a great Thanksgiving and I hope to see you soon :-) 

jboggey

• Too Old To Be Good
« Reply #6 on: Nov 26, 2017, 04:29 AM »
Yo Guys & Gals,

Did not want to start another topic, but limited in 2 hours at Fair Haven Saturday. Frenzied bite. kept nothing smaller than 10 inches. Could only use one pole. Got back home and hunt the afternoon away. No deer yet. 20 fow

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #7 on: Nov 26, 2017, 05:54 AM »
jb, 20 fow? You are looking too deep for the deer.....Good Luck...h2l

reeleyz

« Reply #8 on: Nov 26, 2017, 06:58 AM »
jb, 20 fow? You are looking too deep for the deer.....Good Luck...h2l

X2

Try a little shallower. I find them in 6" - 12" this time of year.  ;D

Nice job Jboggey!

jperch

« Reply #9 on: Nov 26, 2017, 11:08 AM »
X3
You guys beat me to that comment.  And Jim, unlike the perch, it doesn't work so well with the deer when you sing to them!
Great job Boggey, those deer are giving me a hard time too. 
jperch

jboggey

• Too Old To Be Good
« Reply #10 on: Nov 26, 2017, 07:16 PM »
Yo Doug, Bruce and Pat,

My usual soliloquy is 2 paragraphs long. Wanting to spare you all from that, I chose brevity. Brevity without accuracy is fraught with danger as my attempt clearly demonstrates. Hence forth,  I will feel free to labor you all with the most minute details of my adventures as in times past. All that being said, still no deer and i will be hunting them from 18 feet above the forest floor. So dat.  ;D ;D ;D

wallyworld

« Reply #11 on: Nov 27, 2017, 05:30 AM »
 :clapping: :thumbup_smilie: :rotflol:

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #12 on: Nov 27, 2017, 06:31 AM »
Please use words I can understand, ( I live in the hills) like "I didn't catch no deer". etc...Good Luck...h2l

filetandrelease

« Reply #13 on: Nov 27, 2017, 01:15 PM »

Lol

jboggey

• Too Old To Be Good
« Reply #14 on: Mar 09, 2018, 04:18 AM »
Yo Guys and Gals,

I'm ready to hit the soft water. My Sweeta-Rita is improving with each day and I am getting ready to launch the Otter "Stealth" as the weather improves. Not sure if my first outing should be the Pond or Goose Bay for "Ice Out". I hope to do as well as I did last spring on the Pond. That foretold of  a good ice season as well. I'll take a repeat of last year, but maybe a bit longer ice season eh?  :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.