FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: The Little Wood Shop 2019  (Read 155150 times)

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
Re: The Little Wood Shop 2018
« Reply #255 on: Mar 07, 2018, 05:31 PM »
LMAO!   ;D
     One more with the one we're after and we'll have two.
The brook trout is the prom queen of the trout world, and a promiscuous prom queen at that!

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #256 on: Mar 07, 2018, 05:33 PM »
So, with this set, Bob, you play on the wall kind of like darts in a tavern?  ???
The brook trout is the prom queen of the trout world, and a promiscuous prom queen at that!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #257 on: Mar 07, 2018, 05:40 PM »
Well, it's for ongoing games. I'll make one for my Son...a smaller sized one, and we can send moves back and forth.

He'll probably cheat and get his moves from some internet program. I know I will :rotflol: :sick: :rotflol:

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #258 on: Mar 07, 2018, 05:44 PM »
Nice! I like it!   ;D

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #259 on: Mar 08, 2018, 06:33 AM »
Got some color on the pieces and tiles this morning. Pickled oak for the white and ebony for the black.

Glued the shelves into the frame.

A tricky little glue up. I'd like to do this build without nails but I may opt for some brass escutcheon nails through the sides and into the shelves. If I do they'll have to go in after it's final coat of finish. I wouldn't be able to sand around them.

Now I'm starting to think about the storage compartment I'm gonna build to attach to the bottom. And....there's  15 more pawns to turn.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #260 on: Mar 09, 2018, 04:48 PM »
The board box is finished.

Pictures don't justify the beauty of the cedar with a couple coats of poly and fine sanding. It looks like wooden silk.

The main pieces (back rank) are finished.

And e tiles have been coated with sanding sealer, sanded and finished with poly.

I might do another coat on the tiles. I'll know tomorrow..

Still have to color the pawns and get finish on them.

Rg

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #261 on: Mar 10, 2018, 02:33 PM »
Well, another one in the books.

Came out pretty nice.

Rg

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #262 on: Mar 10, 2018, 06:11 PM »
Pretty nice?
Thats awesome....... :clapping: :clapping:
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #263 on: Mar 10, 2018, 06:18 PM »
I agree.  That's awesome! Functional wall art!!!   :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie:

dirtydeeds

• neckties..contracts...high voltage!
« Reply #264 on: Mar 10, 2018, 06:24 PM »
great job!! my father is a huge chess player, we play often but I dont think we've ever played on a wall, very nice crafstmanship it looks awesome!
done dirt cheap!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #265 on: Mar 11, 2018, 04:45 AM »
Thanks everyone. I'm having fun with the chess boards. Gonna build another wall hung board for my Son next. Gonna go for an even simpler design this time.......I think.

This in between weather drives me nutz. Can't do much outdoors yet, so, it's a good way to keep occupied.

Might be time to tie some flies and jigs too.

Rg

O

« Reply #266 on: Mar 11, 2018, 08:41 PM »
Looks great RG!  I showed this thread to my brother, he just bought a lathe and he has been having fun with it just like you.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #267 on: Mar 12, 2018, 07:04 AM »
The wood lathe is as addicting as anything I've ever owned. What lathe did he buy?

One of the ladies I work with was admiring my little bird house ornaments. So yesterday I made her one.

I know....it's not Christmas. But, I've given a bunch of these away and everyone seems to hang it somewhere in their house all year long. Anyway, she'll get a big smile out of it.

If I come across a decent sized chunk of something to turn, I'm gonna take a whack at turning a big one. Something 6" or better in diameter.

By the way, if he wants any advice or tips on turning, have him shoot me a message. I'm no expert, but I'm willing to share.

I also did a glue up for a wall hung chess board for my Son.

Trying a different method this time. Glue up the strips,  Cross cut them and flip flop the pieces to make the pattern. I think it'll work out.

Rg

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #268 on: Mar 15, 2018, 06:13 AM »
 Cut up the next board last evening.
Started like this and cross cut it into sections

Flip flop the sections and.........Now it's like this.

Voila'......chess board ;D

Put some sanding sealer on the board pieces. This afternoon I'll sand out the shelf and trim pieces and get sanding sealer on them. I'm gonna put finish on everything before I glue it up.

Pretty cool the way it worked out.

Rg

deerefishyfishy

« Reply #269 on: Mar 15, 2018, 07:04 AM »
They look awesome! What a cool concept. Thanks for sharing and by all means, keep up the great work!!
Do you think fish go home and lie about all the bait they stole?

Early to bed, early to rise
Fish all day and make up lies...

There's a reason they call it fishing, not catching.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.