FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Hey Fly Tiers...What's In The Vise?  (Read 624674 times)

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
Re: Hey Fly Tiers...What's In The Vise?
« Reply #135 on: Apr 24, 2011, 10:14 AM »
  i  agree  ,   just  seems   flyfisherman  are   THE  BEST AND  NICEST  SPORTSMEN  EVER!!!!! 
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #136 on: Apr 24, 2011, 01:13 PM »
You're right Trap...we are ;D

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

wiredstone

« Reply #137 on: Apr 24, 2011, 06:41 PM »
I would agree. was at the beaver kill one time and left my rod behind. After driving 45min. back to the spot,There it was put up nicely on a rock. It was a 4wt.PM10. I had lost my net the same day. There it was hung in a tree on the trail. Now that is nice.
wooo fish on. Never mind

trapper2000

« Reply #138 on: Apr 24, 2011, 08:23 PM »
i  have  met  up  with a  few   flyfisherman  that  are  a  bit   to  much  and  been  reading     to  much  ted  turner ,   rg  i  honestly  met  lefty      to  be  honest  i  wasn't  impressed   with   his   fishing  ethics  and  the  way  he  acted  to   other   fisherman  ....  i  met the  late fran  bitters  and  he  was   really  cool  ....  but  my  favorite   are   either   regular  guys    just  like  us  or  kids.  and   99 percent  have  been  great   so  keep  tossin  flys  and   keep  a  smile  on  your   face  ,  practise   honest  fishing  ethics  ,take a  few  minutes  to help  someone  out  ,  flirt   with  the  waitress   getting  your   coffee   and  take  a  second  or  two  to  thank  the  good  lord   for  blessing  us  with  some  of  the  best  waters  in  the  world 

life  is  good
                                                                                                                                TRAPP

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #139 on: Apr 25, 2011, 04:55 PM »
I've also met up with a lot of fly fishers in my life. Never met Lefty, but I'd say 99.999% are just like us.

NUTS!

Gotta love it ;D

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Bartman44

« Reply #140 on: Apr 25, 2011, 07:49 PM »
Nuts is good except for the weather and high water which is making me even nuttier. That`s the bad news. Good news is that I haven't taken any time off from work yet so as soon as the trout waters recede - I'm going to go nuts with the fly rod.

In the meantime I just tied up some large yellow funky bunny strip flies that I attached to my 10 ft 7 weight TFO and I'm going to hit the local lagoon for some big C@R largemouth this week.   

Better than sitting at home and going nuts.

perchgypsy

« Reply #141 on: Apr 26, 2011, 05:05 AM »
sorry to go against your call on the danvise but i paid $20 dollars for a vise and it does the trick
i guess you can say im in for it ....new hobby
i spun up 24 jigs in a day and they are getting better and better each time
now i just need them bulk jigs ...gamma you able to get a line on that style jig head ??

Gamma Fish

« Reply #142 on: Apr 26, 2011, 09:26 AM »
sorry to go against your call on the danvise but i paid $20 dollars for a vise and it does the trick
i guess you can say im in for it ....new hobby
i spun up 24 jigs in a day and they are getting better and better each time
now i just need them bulk jigs ...gamma you able to get a line on that style jig head ??
PM sent !      ;)
Plastics are Fantastic !

KingPerch Jr.

• SOCCER: Gotta love it!!
« Reply #143 on: Apr 27, 2011, 04:05 PM »
if  i  can  get     everyone   flyfishing  i   could   end  world  hunger  and   bring  world  peace ....except   we  have  to  get  rid  of   center  pins  ...they  suck  and  take  up   to   much  of  the  good   runs
Yeah they do with their so called "drifts"Nothin against SNAGGER and them but they really put some long drifts out there!!!
Red Sox!
Bartel Road Bait and Tackle

trapper2000

« Reply #144 on: Apr 27, 2011, 06:23 PM »
i  remeber  there  was  a   gentleman  that  left  his   flybox  and  i   believe  mentioned  it   in  her   ,  (on  myfishfinder)   and  someone   that  found  it   left  a  number  and    they hooked   up   to   make   sure  the   guy   got  it   back

i  left  my  wallet  with  a  few  hundred   dollars   at  a  diner   , the  waitress   mailed  it  to  me  with  my  money  intacted  ....  yes  i  went  back  and     made  sure  she   got a  good  tip  .... 

KingPerch

« Reply #145 on: Apr 28, 2011, 01:49 PM »
Yeah they do with their so called "drifts"Nothin against SNAGGER and them but they really put some long drifts out there!!!
Before you know it Buddy...you'll be centerpinning with those boys...I'm quite certain!! ;)--KP 8)
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #146 on: Apr 28, 2011, 04:08 PM »
Before you know it JR will be giving them lessons ;D
RG

KingPerch

« Reply #147 on: Apr 28, 2011, 05:43 PM »
Before you know it JR will be giving them lessons ;D
RG
;D  ;)
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

KingPerch Jr.

• SOCCER: Gotta love it!!
« Reply #148 on: Apr 30, 2011, 12:19 PM »
Yeah I am pretty sure of that too!!!!
Red Sox!
Bartel Road Bait and Tackle

Drifter_016

« Reply #149 on: May 12, 2011, 10:18 AM »
Right I'm ready for the spring trip to Northern Ontario for giant gators and walleye!!!    :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie:
The flies are tied, the rods & tackle packed, now I just have to wait until next Thursday when I hop on the plane for the 10 hr trip to Toronto, then the 13 hr drive to Nakina and finally the hour long float plane trip.   ::)
I'll be fishing the Attawapiskat River between Lansdowne House and Attawapiskat at a camp that just opened last year. The area has been unfished for 30 years and is absolutely loaded with giant pike and walleye.
The walleye are so aggressive they even hit musky bucktails!!!!   :w00t:

http://www.eddienorth.com

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.