FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Hey Fly Tiers...What's In The Vise?  (Read 623766 times)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Hey Fly Tiers...What's In The Vise?
« Reply #1095 on: May 08, 2012, 02:31 PM »
I played a lot of golf Mike. I just decided that I only have so many days left on this earth to fish. So I gave up that obsession...golf, that is. It went the way of archery, pistol, long distance target, chuck, squirrel, grouse, turkey and rabbit hunting.

They were all distractions from fishing. Especially fly fishing  ;D

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

OneBucketMike

• OneBucketMike
« Reply #1096 on: May 08, 2012, 05:56 PM »
I played a lot of golf Mike. I just decided that I only have so many days left on this earth to fish. So I gave up that obsession...golf, that is. It went the way of archery, pistol, long distance target, chuck, squirrel, grouse, turkey and rabbit hunting.

They were all distractions from fishing. Especially fly fishing  ;D

RG

Amen brother, I hear you. I went the other way but get my fishing fix through the ice. From what I see, you have become quite the fly tying/fishing aficionado.  Cya....
One Bucket Mike

H.T.

• I AM PROUD TO BE AN *OPPORTUNIST*
« Reply #1097 on: May 08, 2012, 08:55 PM »
boy RG i must be going thru an almost mid life crises already ::) ::) ::) i got my walleye fix done on saturday and then played 18 holes on the course at Palermo on sunday. first time on the course in 5 years and i liked it. oh no i am in trouble now i see ??? ??? ;D ;D ;D

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1098 on: May 09, 2012, 01:45 AM »
Don't worry about it HT. Things have a way of balancing out. When I get too old to make my way down those cobblestone creeks, I'll still be able to ride a golf cart ;D

Have fun boys and girls ;D

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

KingPerch

« Reply #1099 on: May 09, 2012, 04:41 PM »
boy RG i must be going thru an almost mid life crises already ::) ::) ::) i got my walleye fix done on saturday and then played 18 holes on the course at Palermo on sunday. first time on the course in 5 years and i liked it. oh no i am in trouble now i see ??? ??? ;D ;D ;D
Your safe buddy...we already had that discussion!! ;D
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

H.T.

• I AM PROUD TO BE AN *OPPORTUNIST*
« Reply #1100 on: May 09, 2012, 06:57 PM »
well as i see it golf is not the worst thing to do. but i will never put the fishing pole down before i get my fix 8)

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #1101 on: May 09, 2012, 09:49 PM »
Don't worry about it HT. Things have a way of balancing out. When I get too old to make my way down those cobblestone creeks, I'll still be able to ride a golf cart ;D ........
..........................along the cobblestone creeks!  ;D
     One more with the one we're after and we'll have two.
The brook trout is the prom queen of the trout world, and a promiscuous prom queen at that!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1102 on: May 10, 2012, 01:07 AM »
..........................along the cobblestone creeks!  ;D
There's a lot of nice bass and gill ponds on the golf courses around here. My retirement gig could easily be as a starter or ranger....this thought has crossed my mind  Free golf and free ffishing;D

I would never do this, but I've heard that some guys often sneak into those courses in the winter  and ice fish those ponds. I even heard of one guy who would occasionally sneak in to a particular pond during the summer at night with his fly rod and some big old top water flies.  Of course, I would never do such a thing....and if I did I'd release all of the fish I caught.....if I ever did such a thing. But I would never.............

RG

MickeyFinn

• 25" ADK Leaper
« Reply #1103 on: May 10, 2012, 06:01 AM »
There's a lot of nice bass and gill ponds on the golf courses around here. My retirement gig could easily be as a starter or ranger....this thought has crossed my mind  Free golf and free ffishing;D

I would never do this, but I've heard that some guys often sneak into those courses in the winter  and ice fish those ponds. I even heard of one guy who would occasionally sneak in to a particular pond during the summer at night with his fly rod and some big old top water flies.  Of course, I would never do such a thing....and if I did I'd release all of the fish I caught.....if I ever did such a thing. But I would never.............

RG
::)

Yeah me either.....
I wish i had one of those telescopic ultra light rod that fits in my golf bag... i would never cast it out when there is no one in sight on the course if i had one..   ::)
We were biting this morning, we were biting this morning, we were biting this morning......

Dark Cloud

« Reply #1104 on: May 10, 2012, 08:23 AM »

I would never do this, but

RG

Guilty!!!
MFF Quote of the Year - \"Im done with this MORON FEST\" ; Esox V

OneBucketMike

• OneBucketMike
« Reply #1105 on: May 10, 2012, 12:25 PM »
::)

Yeah me either.....
I wish i had one of those telescopic ultra light rod that fits in my golf bag... i would never cast it out when there is no one in sight on the course if i had one..   ::)

Been there, done that-both around WNY and in Florida. Helps kill some time when the courses are backed up on the tee!!!
And RG, you need to stop talking in the third person!!!   Cya.....
One Bucket Mike

KingPerch

« Reply #1106 on: May 10, 2012, 12:53 PM »

RG
OH NO!! Bob, RG and Fixit.....Please say it ain't so!! Freddie, Filet and Release is already enough to handle!!!!!! :w00t: :w00t: LOL!!  ;D--KP 8)

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #1107 on: May 12, 2012, 11:39 AM »
THATS  IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I'M  GUARDING  THE  PONDS  TONIGHT!
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

KingPerch

« Reply #1108 on: May 12, 2012, 11:58 AM »
THATS  IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I'M  GUARDING  THE  PONDS  TONIGHT!
:rotflol: Great to see you back to your old self again Trap!!! ;D

Bartman44

« Reply #1109 on: May 16, 2012, 06:03 PM »
Despite a bum foot, I've been able to make a few trips of late. First was to northern Champlain with my son in his boat. We caught about 75 smallmouth. He clearly out fished me with his bass gear but I was able to score enough with the fly rod using the crayfish and alewife patterns below. Second trip, was to a local stream that was high but clear. My Calamari fly I tie below (strands kinda look like a squid) has been a winner for me on big trout the past few years. Very simple tie, so all the better.

Alewife pattern - just marabou tail, wrapped bunny, barbell eyes

Crayfish bugger

My Calamari fly, spinner bait skirt strands for tail, bunny wrap, cone.

Northern Champlain on about as calm a day as you'll ever see it

Champlain smallmouth

Real big brown taken the other day on the Calamari fly

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.