FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Back, Looking for company??  (Read 4952 times)

dickbaker

Back, Looking for company??
« on: Jul 09, 2017, 09:03 AM »
 ::)  Been kicked off the Champlain United site??  They seem to hate outdoor writers there??   Hope to hear some fishing stories here ;D
Dick

Bowmandan

Re: Back, Looking for company??
« Reply #1 on: Jul 09, 2017, 09:25 AM »
What did you do?

dickbaker

« Reply #2 on: Jul 09, 2017, 07:53 PM »
 ???  As far as I can tell I mentioned that I was a retired outdoor writer and one of the moderators favorite members intimated that, as a writer I would probably lie about my fishing?   He and several other members offered that writers seemed to offer "expert advice" while really knowing less than the member fishermen??  The moderator gave me "ONE WARNING" about picking on one of his  favorite members?   Well it came to an end when I replied to a post concerning the reopening of the federal hatchery at Bethel.   Knowing that the member didn't like out door writers I was foolish enough to mention  that several New England Outdoor writers had spent several years and a lot of time convincing NOAA  the National Fish and Wildlife  professionals  and politicians that the Conn. River Atlantic Salmon Restoration Program was a terrible waste of money.   Thus they were prepared to end the program , when hurricane Irene destroyed the Bethel Hatchery , which was the primary source for the salmon fry for the stocking program.
The Champlain United moderator again determinded that this was a personal attack on the member posting the" NEWS" and barred me from the forum??
At my wife's insistence I resisted the urge to use bad language and will stay far away from such a nasty , mean forum and return to me friends at myfishfinder!

Maybe you wish you hadn't asked??

Dick

Perchbait

« Reply #3 on: Jul 09, 2017, 09:32 PM »
Wow, that seems a little over the top if you ask me, but it's none of my business. I have never felt as comfortable on LCU as I have on MFF and Iceshanty. Maybe it's the people or just the fact that everyone is salmon crazy!  ;)
Here's the latest PB fishing update: My Dad, my Mom, and I headed out to a secret spot today on champlain in search of some bass and bowfin. I caught 2 pickerel, a couple perch and pumpkinseeds, 2 largemouths and chased around a bunch of massive bowfin in the shallows to no avail. It was a beautiful day on the water and it was awesome watching 2 bowfin absolutely destroy my bait! I had each on for only a matter of seconds before popping off. I felt a bit defeated, but enjoyed the quick sample of their amazing power. We'll be heading back to that spot soon for round 2 and some revenge.
perch bait on IS, if you couldn't figure that out on your own. ;)

JDK

« Reply #4 on: Jul 10, 2017, 05:20 AM »
I have to agree with perchbait.  I browse that site infrequently, have asked a question or 3, and gotten good information.  I also somewhat followed the threads that led to your demise.  I see two things.  One, either intentionally or unintentionally, you came across as pompous (although sincere) with your salmon thread last year and lake trout thread this year.  Be that as it may, you asked a legitimate question.  One of the anointed ones was, in my opinion, way out of line.

Two, as perchbait said, there is an uncomfortableness about that site.  If you tell the 5-6 regulars how good they are constantly, you are good to go.  If not, they jump on your case.  Also, it appears that any opinion that does not match their is not welcome.  I see that site going the way of fishlakewinni with too few posters, most of whom think they are the best.  Internet handjobs only go so far.

# SAND

dickbaker

« Reply #5 on: Jul 10, 2017, 09:11 AM »
JDK  Absolutely right about my attitude at CU  note that I described last summers salmon post as "Goody , Goody, preaching!\"?    My big mistake was to bring up the scientific fact that 15 percent of all released lake trout died.   That particularly offended the moderator , who might be  a charter Capt.   As you mentioned you should never disagree  with one of the elite few members??   I've moved back to the remains of the old Fishing Lake Champlain forum with hopes that some of the senior members might return and make it better again.   The nasty member spirit now evident at CU is what killed the old forum.     I look forward to being back to myfishfinder.
Warn PB not to let them know that he wants to be an outdoor writer??
Dick

JDK

« Reply #6 on: Jul 10, 2017, 09:50 AM »
As I said, I have asked for and received some very good information, both publicly and via personal messages.   That is about as far as I want to go on that site.  

Apparently the incorrect use of punctuation ?? pisses them off though. ;D
# SAND

lowaccord66

« Reply #7 on: Jul 10, 2017, 09:57 AM »
I think some are unable to interpret your posts Dick without some sort of a slant.  Oh well.  Good people here.

zwiggles

« Reply #8 on: Jul 10, 2017, 10:03 AM »

Apparently the incorrect use of punctuation ?? pisses them off though. ;D

This made me laugh???

fishinjohn

« Reply #9 on: Jul 10, 2017, 01:53 PM »
.  Internet handjobs only go so far.

That has to be the best analogy of someone who needs their ego blown up via internet!!!

mudchuck

« Reply #10 on: Jul 10, 2017, 02:10 PM »
Bummer.

dickbaker

« Reply #11 on: Jul 11, 2017, 08:15 AM »
 ::)  Darned!  I had forgotten about my punctuation error??  I'll try to be more careful here ;D
Dick

nhfishin4fun

« Reply #12 on: Jul 14, 2017, 12:10 PM »
Can I hang out here too? I'm currently waiting on my official ban from LCU as well. I don't usually get too excited but, you getting banned might possibly have set me off a bit. I'm pretty sure I pointed fingers too? Don't worry though, I agreed with them about your excessive use of the question mark!

Make sure to pass on to Crayfish to be careful about chiming in with agreement though so he doesn't get lumped in with the "pot stirrers"!

LDK,
    You're right, he does stir the pot at times (although with good intentions mostly). I try to keep him in line but what can you do?

crayfish2

« Reply #13 on: Jul 14, 2017, 12:51 PM »
Not too worried about it, NH.  Thanks for the warning, though.

BTW ... welcome to MFF!!  It is quiet around here for the most part, but the more the merrier!

nhfishin4fun

« Reply #14 on: Jul 14, 2017, 01:43 PM »
Thanks Crayfish. I believe I'm done over at LCU after reading the last couple of responses over there. It's just not worth the aggravation and I don't think I can respond civilly. It just seems ironic that they accused him of acting "high and mighty" because of  having been a writer but they don't see themselves acting the same way?

Anyway, I just want to talk and read about fishing, not daytime soap opera!

Anyway, I wanted to mention to you that I live just a mile away from Comerford Dam and a few miles down the road from Moore Dam so, give me a shout if you plan on being up in the area and I'll see if we could track down some pike and bass!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.